2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
anyone going out the weekend 11-15 or 16? I havent ridden since Kennedy in July, need to get out. I guess Pinnacles / Silverwood is out :whiner: Desert? Lucerne? Mirage?

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
There's a race in Lucerne on the 16th, come out and watch or pre-run the course, some good riding out there :thumb:

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
that's one of them go fast as you can kind of races aint it?

Hell, for $33 bucks I think I'll give it a go.

Tanks a ton JP!

dingoe

Feb 13, 2003
Thumbs, I'll be there and my family and I will be at the Wicked Bird this weekend. We are going to join the club and Larry E. said come on out. I think you said you are out this weekend to the Lake E-GP. Haven't raced it, but always go to watch Shane Watts, Mike K, Steve Hatch, etc. Good event and you may have some rain. Look out if you do, it gets slick and it's a fast race for sure. I'd like to hook-up with some of the TWMC guys at the hilltoppers. Will you have a crew out there from TWMC? If not I've been racing a bit with RUTS and they should have pits, I've also been talking with MikeW from KTMTalk (HBMC) and they will be racing too.

Anyway, it should be fun, a bit of everything from washes to good rocky trails.

Drop me a line and let me know where you will be and I'll bring extra fire wood.

Ed

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
dingoe - I did the GP last year and it was very slick on the pavement. A few guy in my race wadded it up on the start going into the first turn onto Main street. Besides the water truck I think those were the only guys I passed ......lol

I don't know who will be at the Hilltoppers race from TWMC but I'm sure there will be a few of us there. I'll probably head out there on Saturday afternoon. I'll be the tent trash with the bronze colored f-150 & ktm 200mxc.

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
JPIVEY, is that a Hare & Hound or a Desert Scrable? I was thinking about pie plating a D37 race at the end of this year to see if I was interested. I would appreciate any info you have.

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
BTW: If the group isnt interested in the Lucerne ride, I would be interested in another ride somewhere. Stoddard, Mirage, Barstow or even Phelan all sound good.

Last edited:

JPIVEY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Hi Boodac,

It's suppose to be a scramble; I know, the way they say 2 38 mile loops makes it sound like a H/H

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
I am up for anything, but I would like to have a newbie freind come along so I was thinkin somthing less trecharous than a scramble or HH. Dont know if Im up for for 72 miles :o

If the general concensus is Lucerne Ill do it.

I dont know the Phelan area, but Im game for there or any other.

JPIVEY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
No worries, you don't have to do both loops, you reg to do one loop, a lot of riders do one loop, also a lot of riders don't run a race pace, just run your own pace and you will have a blast.

and I bet you'll place pretty good if you just ride a nice steady pace, all you really want to do is finish, have a good time and get that finishers pin, leave the fast stuff for the hot shots.

It's a good time, with good people

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
If not the Lucerne race, then we should put something together out at Stoddard Wells. The ride out to Slash X is always fun and of course the stop down at the abandoned 100 + ft mine shaft would be a good stop off as well. Whether Lucerne or otherwise Im thinking Im ready for a ride. Although having the whole crew do a scramble sounds kind of fun.

Last edited:

dingoe

Feb 13, 2003
thumbs, I'll be camping out of my chevy van (white van) so I guess I'm about equal to that tent class. It's OK though less to deal with at the end of a long race weekend. I'll be riding a Husqvarna TE-570, Beg 4-stroke class so I only do one loop. I'll get there Saturday noon or so. Bomb is open at 3pm and good riding around there too.

Good luck at the GP. Weather looks good for now, maybe no rain.

I'll look for you all at the hilltoppers.

ed

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
I'm not going to make Lucerne to Race, Ill ride out there but wont make a 9:00am start without camping out there. My friend Steve (surfrider55) I think will make it out, I doubt he will want to initiate the desert with a scramble.

Boodac, if you want to meet a Stodard Thats OK with me, or if somone want to show us Phelan, thats cool too. Or show up to Lucerne for a play ride, Im game.

PhastPhart

Dec 15, 2000
I'll be out at the Hilltoppers race. Gotta break in my new 450 EXC. I'll be with the 100's MC. Get a good one of me going by will you JP?

Scrambles are a good race to start on. The Hilltoppers usually put on a race that is not very hard and since the beginners have to do the loop, there is no brutal stuff.

It's just like a trail ride ..........on steroids.

Come on out!

PhastPhart

Dec 15, 2000
I'm running with the senior intermediates. 051.

You'll most likely need to turn your shutter speed to maximum to catch me though.

I'm certainly a legend in my own mind.

ron clement

Jul 15, 2003
ID LIKE TO TRY A DESERT RACE,I HAVE DONE ALOT OF SRA GPS AND IM READY FOR SOMETHING DIFFERENT.ALSO I LIVE IN PHELAN AND IM ALWAYS UP FOR A TRAIL RIDE.QUOTE]Originally posted by 2strok4fun
I am up for anything, but I would like to have a newbie freind come along so I was thinkin somthing less trecharous than a scramble or HH. Dont know if Im up for for 72 miles :o

If the general concensus is Lucerne Ill do it.

I dont know the Phelan area, but Im game for there or any other.
[/QUOTE]

ron clement

Jul 15, 2003
ID LIKE TO TRY A DESERT RACE,I HAVE DONE ALOT OF SRA AND CRC GPS. CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME DIRECTIONS TO THE RACE AND A POSSABLE PIT HOOKUP? ALSO I LIVE IN PHELAN AND IM ALWAYS UP FOR A TRAIL RIDE.

JPIVEY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Honest, you guys would do fine, you don't have to do both loops and you don't have to haul butt.

JUST FINISH

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Hey Ron

Ron is a pretty good guy. If anybody could help him out with directions and a little assistance I would appreciate it. He keeps trying to talk me into desert races but its not happening.

He also lives just a couple miles north of the sand hill so we now have a new place to stage. :thumb:

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Oh yeah...he is kind of a computer newbie. I will try and take care of that.

hint hint....dont type in all caps

Boodac

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Ok so why not the desert racing thing Jeff? Your definately good enough to be out there. If I can get a heads up on the college homework this weekend, Im thinking about going out and pie plating. I wont know until Saturday night at this point. I have a friend that says I can sign under the Viewfinders board if I show up. Hopefully the offer still stands.

Top Bottom