michman

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 7, 2000
Since F/S and FredT are off to DW was wondering if anyone here would like to hook up and ride on Sat or Sun? Hopefully I will have my new bike by then. If not I will have something to ride none the less.

Napper

2big4akdx

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 26, 2001
I will be up in the Atlanta area that weedend for the color tour ride on Hunt Creek/Mio and maybe something up on the Atlanta trail system.Along with , if he has healed up enough, KTM Mike. BTW, the suspention has worked out great. Getting better it seems, I suspect, due to break in?? Later

Tom Dixon

Farmer Tom = Face Planter
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
Come and ride the HS up in Kasky. It will be a lot of fun!!!

crb

Oct 14, 2001
For those of you who do not know me I am Freddy's neighbor (two houses to the north). I will be riding Sunday the 5th on the new connector trail between the Rose City loop and Ambrose Lake Loop. Nate and I found it Friday it was sweet, no whoops, tight and still grass in most spots. It must have been just put in by a local cycle club. The Rose City Loop was perfect to begin with but then when we found the new connector trail it was like heaven. It is more than worth the ride for some of you guys on the west side of the state. I hate to let the cat out of the bag but before you know it the quads will have it beat down. Let me know if you folks want to meet up. The new Trail has been updated on the DNR if you want to check it out.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
The Hare Scrambles in Kalkaska is THIS weekend???? I thought it was the next one. I was going to the Color Tour in Atlanta, maybe I'll do that Saturday and to the HS with Andy on Sunday.

Michman, I thought you were heading to OK too! Come on up to Atlanta!

Asrith

Jul 18, 2001
Hey folks I was wondering if I may get some clarity for what is going on the following weekends that have been mentioned. Just looking for some riding action. Been dormate to long. Thanks for the info, ...

fender92883

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 26, 2002
Yeah, that little connector trail that crb and I rode the other day was excellent. Trails were groomed nicely, traction was great, and no dust. Temperature was perfect. Too bad that fall riding is so good...it ends so quickly... :think:

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
It turns out I will be doing the Color Tour ride next weekend - not that I am "healed up"...but close enough.  I sure I am going to uh...remind myself of exactly which muscles are torn!

My plan is I will be riding with 2big on Saturday - we will have a late start as Neal cant get up this way until around 11:00 am.  No clue what loop we will do...may end up doing something other than mio or hunt creek even.  Good chance we might do Hunt Creek riding from my house.    Then on Sunday I will be riding the Mio loop with Neial and my 2 kids.  This will definetly be a kids paced ride on Sunday - its a huge step forward for my kids to take on something like the Mio loop - I am quite pumped they are game for it!  (I just may have some future riding partners!)

I think Neal is planning on staying here at my house (I am only 30 minutes from the starting area of the color tour) - if anyone wants to pay us a visit Saturday night, I am sure we will have a few adult beverages available , and weather permiting we will be sittin around my fire pit, or weather not permitting...well, the fireplace in the house will keep us nice and comfy, or the garage will offer some great bench racing!  LMK and I can send you directions.

Oh...the "Color" status up in this neck of the woods - right now I would say less than 10%.  May change a good bit this week though...that 4 letter word...SNOW is in the forecast for Thursday the last I heard!

Last edited:

WildBill

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Mar 29, 2002
CRB & Fender,

Not to get off of the thread topic, but that new connector is awesome! It's so fresh it almost feels illegal to ride. I actually met the president of Bent Wheels on that trail about 6 weeks ago. His club worked with the DNR to put that in this past spring. He was thanked profusely by my group and we're even talking about joining his club. I ride that area quite frequently, so maybe we'll see you on the trail one weekend.

Creeper9

~SPONSOR~
Oct 28, 1999
Mike and Neal,

Would you be able to meet two weary down state travellers sunday morning at the kick off point? (Which one by the way?) I'm brewing up a deal and might be showing up sunday to ride with you guys (With an extra). Neal, check your E-mail, and you'll see what I mean.

So, hopefully both of you are feeling much better than the last time I left you? Should be cool to ride with the kids.

I really hope there isn't any snow, but hey, I guess you get to use those sleds early? :aj:

fender92883

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 26, 2002
Originally posted by WildBill
that new connector is awesome! It's so fresh it almost feels illegal to ride.

That's what we were sayin!! Yeah, that was some really awesome trail. Is there more of it out there?

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
You folks missed one helluva ride! The color tour was Cold, Wet, tight, knarly, rooty, rocky and muddy. I rode through a blizzard, down pours, wind storms. What a great ride to break in a new bike!

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Pat, congrats on the Husaberg! Sounds like quite an animal to ride on such a nasty day!

Woodsy, too bad you ended up with a flat rear tire on our Horseshoe Lake/Holton ride. The Holton Loop was just as you described it - really fun stuff!

And what a gorgeous day on Sunday!

Looks like it's going to be another great weekend this coming one. Definately time to get some more riding in!

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Originally posted by MWEISSEN
Pat, congrats on the Husaberg! Sounds like quite an animal to ride on such a nasty day!

Nasty? it was a great day! Wasn't a trail for the meek!

Creeper9

~SPONSOR~
Oct 28, 1999
Pat,

You rode right by us. We were going to try and catch up to you, but we were scared of the roost from that husaberg!

Does anyone know the outcome of the guy who injured himself on the MIO loop on sunday? We (2big4akdx, me and my friend) came across him and his brother just after it happened. From what the paramedics were saying, it looked like he might have broken his back :( Hopefully he's ok. It was a guy on a 94-95 KTM exc 250, and another guy on a '03 200 exc. Does anyone know these guys, and how it worked out? I hope he's ok!!

-Kurt

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Pat - yep that weather was somethin wasnt it!  2big and I rode 105 miles on Saturday - saw way more weather than I would of liked! Would not of mind breakingin a new 'Berg though.    Our last 15 miles was misery -  due to a late start in the morning, we rode way to late, and the temp plummeted rather quick - not to mention not much light to see by.  We did have a blast though.  Spent some time on the MCCT north from the Hunt Creek loop  (had to stop by my house for a quick cup of coffee that afternoon!), and enjoyed a bit less "populated" chunk of trail, not a single fresh track in front of us for quite some time!  Some how my pipe found a strategically located stump during that ride as well.  I did not even realize i did it in - i do recall clipping a stump with what I thought was my frame near the foot peg and thought nothing more of it.  Then Neal spots the smashed pipe about 10 miles later Oh well

On Sunday I think you might of passed all of us like Creeper said.   I had my kids along with me then plus a  friends 16 year old son ( a relatively new rider).  I am quite proud of how well my kids did - some of the trail on the Mio loop is 10 times more difficult than anything my boys have ever ridden before - and they both did fantastic :thumb:   Neal and Kurt and Dan - were all quite patient with the kids pace  (though i suspect they really enjoyed a faster ride after we split off from them).   I think my boys were quite impressed with riding with the "big guys" and I appreciate that they made the kids feel like they were part of the ride.

Thanks guys.  had a great weekend!  See ya at trail fest - pipe repairs permitting! 

Top Bottom