OutlawXR4

Sep 30, 2003
Well, went up to the White Cloud MCCCT section today. Got there about noon, unloaded, suited up and took off. Just ran the 50" ORV trail, the first couple of miles where wet, very wet, lots of puddles, flooded sections of trail and all that good stuff. Also all that wind we had the other night knocked down quite a few branches and some trees, making the trail very interesting. Got to the lollipop section and had a blast. Much drier with fewer branches and trees down in the trail. That two track section is also lots of fun, not sure how long it is but, makes a good section to practice whoops. At one point, I stopped at a small pond, noticing two beaver dams and a few beaver swimming around. At one point I heard a strange noise behind me, further investigation revealed a beaver nawing at a tree branch. I was able to get closer for a picture, there's a black lump in the shot, it's the beaver. Right after I took the picture, the beaver finished up and proceeded to walk right towards me, he got about 10 or 15ft from me at which point he turned and headed back towards the water. Tried getting a picture, crap, used the last picture, so no close ups of the beaver. Left the pond and finished up the lollipop section, still faster and drier, a few more whoops though. Got back to my truck alive and in good shape, guess I can still do the solo rides. All in all, it turned out to be a very nice day, sunny and in the 40's, great riding weather. Can't wait to hit the snow in a couple of weeks.

Sooner or later I'm gonna have to run the MCCCT up to Baldwin or maybe further, camping along the way for a night or two.

Last edited:

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Nice report! I thought that "lollipop stick" section would be wet. Now, imagine that frozen over! Whoa!

Reminder all you Michiganders - we're in restricted riding time now due to deer season. 11am to 2pm is the only legal time now, if you're willing to even venture in the woods with all the guns out there for the next coupla weeks.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Excellent write up there Kyle!! Sounds like you had a great "solo" ride.. That spot where you saw the beaver, do you recall a downed "beaver tree" right at the corner of the trail that was caught in tree tops?? A few weeks ago I was up there and noticed it, I thought - "that poor beaver went to all that work for nothing...". It )the tree) had to have been 14/16 inches in diameter and I am curious if those beavs got it knawed down? See many campers in woods? I am with Mark and you about Deer season - something about the thought of knowing there are folks out there with high powered rifles that makes this the perfect "maintenance" time :)
Woodsy

Top Bottom