arnego2

Mar 8, 2008
Ride report RMYZ250

Intro

I bought the bike as a second bike to the YZ250 year 2009 I got brand new in 2010, a delay of 9 month as the seller could not believe that someone wants a 2 stroke. Bought the RM250 year 2008 and shipped it home in parts, put it together applying plenty of grease to the linkage, stearing and all bearings I could lay grease on.

One problem came up when redoing the engine, no parts available locally over here. I got a spare YZ250 engine year 07 and thought it could be done easily.

Comparing the RM250 engine with PC combo, V-force reeds to the now converted I prefer the YZ engine, it has more hit and is more aggresive IMO.

short ride report

Now after a year I had quite some time to see the differences in handling as a non pro, just for fun rider. I got a nice area over here to ride. Service roads, a quarry with about 10km of trails, little hills to some serious high ones ( about 200m high) Both bikes like to be running on the pipe

I lowered forks on both bikes The Sukiyama lowered by about 8mm and the YZ250 about 5mm. Weight wise they are about the same. In deep sand I prefer the YZ250 over the RMYZ250, in more technical stuff tight turns, slow hill climbs I prefer the RMYZ250. Why? The Sukiyama is not as planted, it is more jittery in deep sand vs the YZ250. The Yamasucki or Sukiyama as I prefer to call it [after all a rolling frame is capable to move on it own :)] also has 3 to 5th gear of a wrf 426 giving it about 15 miles more vs the YZ250. But at full throttle (mostly when riding home) I prefer the YZ250 the yamaha seems to be stabler platform.

As the area has a lot of different kinds of sureface I like them both and would not sell them. They are both just too much fun. :)

Set up

I run the Sukiyama with a stock pipe, stock reeds WRF426 3 to 5th gear at 48/NP3/180 and stock needle. 120/90/19 maxxi tire.
The YZ currently with a doma pipe combo, vortex ignition and jetted at 48/NP3 190 with a N8RW needle. 110/90/19 kings tire.

Followed a picture of both :)

IMG_0274b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom