Jan 16, 2005
I got my bike back from the shop a few weeks ago, I finally got to take it out and open it up. I had a new PC II and V-force3 cage installed and rejetted.
BTW, anyone looking for an insanely tough pipe guard, I got the one from Moose, who claim it is the thickest, and I don't doubt them after talking with the mechanics who installed mine. They all rolled their eyes and grumbled when I asked them how the hell they bent that thing to fit the pipe. :bang:

So I get the bike out on a nice open trail after a short warm-up, and immediately felt the difference. I was happy, but by no means twistin my nipples over it. I liked the new sound of the pipe, the look, the way it matched the shiny bumper on my truck :blah: ...but I wasn't overly impressed with the performance.

Then. I had been riding easy, short bursts up some hills and such for about a good twenty minutes. I decided to get off the bike and take some pictures of my girlfriend who was putting around somewhere in the woods on her bike. I had my bike off for about ten minutes as I walked around looking for her. I came back, kicked it over, and took off down a long wide open trail to what now seemed like a different bike. :coocoo:

You know that "feeling" when you know your bike is running at it's peak performance and you get that stupid smile when your every move is flawless over a technical section, and the bikes performance is keeping right up with your decisions?

That's where I was, and this time the bike decided to reveal how much had really changed about it. Incredible mid-range pull through 3-4 and a nice little top-end kick in the higher gears. Mind you, I'm 160lbs with all my gear on, so these mods were just that little extra I was looking for. These bikes are not meant to be screamers in the wide-open, but here in the east where you go from wide-open to tight single trail and back again all day. It truly is a great bike.

Top Bottom