Tony Williams

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2000
My son got a new YZ125, up from the YZ80, so we went riding at Barona Oaks (San Diego) on Saturday (got there late), and Lake Elsinore on Sunday.

The cool part was swapping bkes on the last ride Sunday. Ya, I still beat him riding the iddy YZ, but he handled the YZF400 just fine. Never stalled it. Over the jumps, etc.

That was my first ride on a little YZ, and I'm impressed. Ya, total power sucked, and that no power on the low end wasn't fun either (remember, I'm not comaring to other 125's, but to bigger bikes). I did get a chance to ride a YZ250F, courtesy of another list member, but not back to back with the 125.

I felt like I could just throw the bike over a jump, and no matter how it landed I could straighten it out. Well...he, he... I do weigh more than the bike :-)

Great suspension (typical modern day YZ), nothing broke, fun bike. Now I just have to worry about keeping up with JR.

Tony

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Welcome to the world of the 125, if I hadn't been on a budget when I bought mine I would have had a 250 :|

But after 6 months of woods riding and playing with the jetting, replacing the top end and getting ready to replace the clutch, I'm pretty competent in the woods. Look out, the moment your boy gets the bugs worked out he just might hand you your :moon: .

Good Luck and Happy Trails!

Phillip

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom