Ride Stealth: The Quadtards Don't Get It

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Click Here: Idiot Quadtard Thread

A guy over on KTMTalk has a quad for his wife and made this post about Ride Stealth on one of the quad forums. They just don't get it :| Most of them claim its somehow safer to ride with an obnoxious pipe. Others say its just cool. These are the kind of morons that ruin it for all of us. Whether you like them or not, quadtards are really our only friends as far as land use issues go. Surely there has to be a way to make them see the bigger picture?

Just venting I guess. Morons :bang:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I saw it earlier (snagged that typing dude image, lol)

There are just a lot of ignorant folks out there.

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Brian said:
Click Here: Idiot Quadtard Thread

Whether you like them or not, quadtards are really our only friends as far as land use issues go. Surely there has to be a way to make them see the bigger picture?

Just venting I guess. Morons :bang:

How true...and do you really think you will be able to constructively bend their ear when you call them Quadtards, and morons? Gee, I am sure I would immediatly warm up to some one that comes right out of the box and insults me... Dont get me wrong, i understand your frustation..and if i had time to do a post there I would likely call them all idiots - because they are loud, not because they are on a quad.

It is not that they are on quads...it is that those individuals happen to be loud. If they rode off road bikes they would be loud, and if they ride street bikes, they are loud as well.

Okie - is there some sort of "off road users web forum administrators" group out there? ...what if you could get all sort of forum admins like yourself on board with the "loud sucks" sorta stuff? Sorta some peer pressure among admins! What you have done on DRN is great in that regard...get other boards to do the same - regardless of if it is quads or bikes. Spread the peer pressure!

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
i ride out in the middle of bfe, the only thing thats gonna get pissed at my pipes is a field of corn or a tree, and as many guys who ride out there, i dont want to be the one they dont hear commin and end up runnin over someone with 506 pounds of death

Why would someone plant corn "out in the middle of bfe"? Sounds like they won't be riding their implements of death around that farm much longer.

Blithering idiot!

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
KTM Mike said:
and do you really think you will be able to constructively bend their ear when you call them Quadtards, and morons?

Is "blithering idiot" acceptable? ;)

Sorry Mike..........you are right. They are idiots because they are noisy, not because they ride a four wheeled vehicle.

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
I don't think Brian is trying to gain guests to Thanksgiving Dinner here. He's calling a spade a spade and in this case the line of thinking seems to be pretty lame to say the least.

This is one stereotype that seems to be reinforced all too often, including by members of the m/c community. Bastages.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
KTM Mike said:
Okie - is there some sort of "off road users web forum administrators" group out there? ...what if you could get all sort of forum admins like yourself on board with the "loud sucks" sorta stuff? Sorta some peer pressure among admins! What you have done on DRN is great in that regard...get other boards to do the same - regardless of if it is quads or bikes. Spread the peer pressure!

I've discussed this with some of the boards, about the best we can expect is to not get links to ridestealth.com deleted as spam. I made that site to be seperate from DRN, don't even use "okiewan" over there, for that very reason. I wanted to eliminate any competitive thoughts. But, one of the first posts on that forum was "too bad you are associated with DRN, loud sucks, but DRN sucks almost as bad" . Two of the biggest boards know the site is there, both agreed to promote it, we'll see.

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
Those are the same type of Quadtards putting new roads all over the national forest because they are to lazy to walk during hunting season.
End result will all will be locked out :|

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
there is one more possibility for allies ........Jeepers. they need to keep trails open to ORV's

heres a little propaganda video jeep style from Canada, apparently they like to offroad also and want to keep their rights

http://www.timbertamers.org/runs2004/adg.wmv

Last edited:

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
"I went jeeping with my Dad"

Priceless!! Thanks for posting ellandoh :cool:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Seems that all they know "me". "so they can here ME coming". When a bike/quad is so loud that others can hear "ME" coming, "ME" can't hear them coming. Go figure.

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
Quiet down the Top Pro racers and promote those pipes and the sound will decrease. AND tracks, clubs, parks etc need to enforce the sound rules ALL the time. I speak with and not allow riders to ride due to sound issues all the time. It's costly but in the long run good business

wardy

gargamel

Nov 18, 2005
“Loud pipes save lives” is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Actually the “it’s safer to ride without a helmet so I can see better” is just as dumb. Anyway the way I see it is if you’re on a bike, quad, or those straight piped Jeeps you’re doing it to get attention and that’s all. They should just neuter the retards so they don’t bread more retards. I also blame 4 pokes for the noise more. Here at the ORV Park I have to wear earplugs cause of the smacktards on the new motocross 4 pokes with mainly stock gutted pipes. :bang:

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Okiewan said:
I've discussed this with some of the boards, about the best we can expect is to not get links to ridestealth.com deleted as spam. I made that site to be seperate from DRN, don't even use "okiewan" over there, for that very reason. I wanted to eliminate any competitive thoughts. But, one of the first posts on that forum was "too bad you are associated with DRN, loud sucks, but DRN sucks almost as bad" . Two of the biggest boards know the site is there, both agreed to promote it, we'll see.

Well, you are doing what you can. I do see lots of similar stuff (not sure...but I think I have seen ride stealth links there) on that KTM site that I never ever visit ( ;) ) Keep up the good work though - the message will get around eventually. At least the moto mags are starting to get the message as well - they have a big impact on issues like this.

Top Bottom