Ride This Weekend - Marshall Creek - Texas

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
How bad is it?

Originally posted by cp380sx
Go very early as Marshall Creek is a good place to get killed on the weekend.

Cameron

It's been about 30 years :o since I've been to Marshall Creek. Has it really gotten that bad? I would like to find a place to take my daughter to do some non mx riding and got to wondering about Marshall Creek. Sounds like it may not be the best place to go.

cp380sx

Jan 12, 2001
Jeff, MC is a great place to ride. The only problem is that there are way too many people there on the weekend. The trails chris-cross over each other and that has lead to a number of collisions. Some recently have been fatal. During the week the place is a ghost town and you can get some good riding in. The soil is excellent sandy loam and sand. I live about 15 minutes south of there in Colleyville so I may try to hook up with ya'll if it is early.

Cameron

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i mostly ride tracks but once or twice a year we'll do a weekend trail ride. for future reference, where are marshall creek and shady grove?

penguin

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Feb 19, 2000
neither Marshall Creek or Shady Grove are worth a drive form Oklahoma they are OK for locals short on time to go somewhere better IMHO :p

cp380sx

Jan 12, 2001
Agreed, I would stop in Muenster coming from OK. It has much better trails to ride. DFW does have a lot of MX tracks to choose from. At least one of which is open for practice during the weekend.

Cameron

penguin

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Feb 19, 2000
There are a lot of mx tracks in the DFW area, I like Village creek, but quit going 2 years ago when I wadded up my KLX and broke my leg after coming up short on a set of doubles and being landed on by another bike :(

cp380sx

Jan 12, 2001
Penguin, sorry to hear about that. The tracks around here are not oriented to casual trail bikes. They all are designed with modest SX layouts. I personally, never go near any of the tracks around here with anything but my full tilt MX bike set up with the stiffest suspension I can run.

Cameron

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Hey Taraker, I dunno if you got my PM but my dad, my bro, and I will be at Muenster this weekend. If you're gonna be up there let me know so we can hook up, and you can actually meet my dad this time.

Stevie H.

May 17, 2001
Marshall Creek

My family and I ride Marshall Creek on the weekends all the time and have never had any problems (thank goodness & knock on wood). Most folks are respectful of others and watch out for the little ones. It does get crowded though, and with the lake up there's a few hundred less acres of land to ride on.

Another great place to go in the DFW area (sort of ) is Rocky Ridge, outside of Decatur. It's about an hour north of Fort Worth.

penguin

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Feb 19, 2000
I dont go to Rocky Ridge anymore either. I have nothing against 4-wheelers but have had too many close encounters with them the last few times I was out there and will not go back, too many of the newer breed of 4wheel enthusiasts do not show the common sense or courtesy needed for motorcycles and 4-wheellers to share the same land. they have their right to ride, I just ride elsewhere. CP380SX, the KLX is not as casual as you might think and SX layouts are the reason I don't ride the local MX tracks anymore, even on my KX250..:)

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
yeah, i have ridden at meunster a couple of times. i have a buddy that lives in denton, so we usually go down there and stay with him and ride. i have ridden/raced at village creek, mosier, burleson, milam and badlands. i like to try new places each time.

cp380sx

Jan 12, 2001
mx547, you should come down and race Oak Hill. The owner of the track has pumped in about $500k and it blows all the other tracks around here out of the water. They run Wednesday practice and a race once a month. They have the best dirt in Texas!

Cameron

TexXR

Jul 14, 2000
There's a TCCRA race this Sunday at Jacksboro....about 5 miles from my house. These can be really fun to ride. The track is open for practice all day Saturday to anyone who wants to ride.

jdrobins

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2000
Originally posted by TexXR
There's a TCCRA race this Sunday at Jacksboro....about 5 miles from my house. These can be really fun to ride. The track is open for practice all day Saturday to anyone who wants to ride.

I had planned on being there but just do not want to make the drive, I'll be a Marshall creek with Taraker, if any one else comes out look for the DRZ with the cool fender Stickers :confused:

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Memorial Day Weekend

Anyone going to Muenster on Memorial Day weekend? See my thread:)

Last edited:

vettmojo

May 25, 2001
watch out at oak hill, it is deep sand everywhere. shady grove is actually a great motocross-supercross layout, except for the hard terrain. we ride mossier valley on tue and thur nights and sat at village creek

Top Bottom