Crash217

May 4, 2005
hey check out the kansas racing series(www.kansasracing.com) The series is pretty newb friendly and they have good list of current riding area's around k.c.

there's links to all the mx tracks around town on that site as well if your into mx.

chrlyptbull

Apr 1, 2006
thanks for the lattest up date I really appreciate the info, still looking for new people to ride with too! thanks for your time guys

chrlyptbull

Apr 1, 2006
thanks for the helpfull advise on staying away from big lou, I have a 11 yr old daughter whom is wanting to start racing next year so we are checking to see how many places there are to ride, a two hour drive doesnt bother me to go to finger lakes and such, but I dont want to work with her anywhere I havent riden myself yet ! we need lots of work on riding skills LOL she just started

Crash217

May 4, 2005
IMHO, Finger Lakes is bad for a begginer, too many quads and butt pucker inducing drop offs in or beside the trails in the woods. The MX track is nice and smooth though, just long jumps for anything but a full size bike.

If you want to work on riding skills Merwin is a great place to do it.

I'm not sure what kind of racing your daughter wants to do, but they have just about everything there and there's nothing too difficult.

Right down the hill from the big MX track is a small loop with a few bermed turns and a couple small jumps. It's great for begginers to learn on.

I took my girlfriend out there and turned her loose on my old CRF250X and she put in over 20 miles practically non stop! I was either standing in turns watching her to give her direction or riding behind her 3rd gear pinned on my XR50 pit bike. I also let her cruise the mini bike track on the pitbike as well. A couple more times doing that and I'll have no problem letting her into the easier/smoother sections of the woods. I'm not sure i trust her on the MX track with traffic just yet though.

There's also a 6-7 mile loop out in the woods around the track that is pretty fun and there's only about 3 short spots that would be considered technical.

Top Bottom