Ridge Riders Scottish Trials 2003 on 11/2/03

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Woodsrider shamed me into riding this event on the Ridge Rider’s property in Deposit, NY. Since it’s less than an hour from my house and it sounds like a lot of fun, I’m gonna give it a shot. :) Here’s a link to the waiver form and a bunch more information http://www.ridgeriders.org/pdf/scott_trials_03.pdf Don’t let the word Trials in the name scare you off. It’s a Run what ya Brung ride and anything goes. I’m looking forward to seeing Woodsy ride in his skirt again. :p

We will be getting there between 8:30 and 9:00. Sign up starts at 7:00 and the event starts at 10:00

I hope we can have a good DRN showing. See ya there :yeehaw:

zero_it

~SPONSOR~
May 20, 2000
Our m/c club has put on a Scottish Trials for the last three years. In thepast, we traditionally sponsored an enduro every year, but our riding area has been shrunk down to a pretty limited number of miles, so we've changed things up a bit. It's been a really fun event to do. We time only the "special test" sections and let the riders do the loop at their own pace. We add 5 seconds to your time in each seciton for every dab and there is no limit to the number of dabs you can get. We lay out sections that are similar in length to those in a "normal" trails, but are a bit more open. They have included ramp teeter-totters, rock piles and even MX sections. With this variety the hare scrambles guys, enduro riders and trialers are all about equally competitive at this event. Based on the success of our event, I'm sure the one you're lining up to do with be a blast. Have fun!

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I guess I shouldn't have mentioned that Woodsrider was coming. It's seems to have scared everyone off! ;)

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Dave & I are planning on going!  We'll be bringing the trials bikes.  Sounds like a fun time.  Weather looks to be perfect for riding, considering it's early November!

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
The latest forecast calls for 68 and sunny!!:):)

Lori,
I will be at the McDonald's in West Windsor at 7:30 if you and Dave want to meet there. It's right on Rt 17 past Binghamton, I don't remember the exit # but it's the one you guys stopped at when we came back from Modena (don't ask how I remember that! :confused:) I'll be leaving there by 7:45 so if I miss you I'll see you there.

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by RM_guy
I guess I shouldn't have mentioned that Woodsrider was coming. It's seems to have scared everyone off! ;)
:moon: I invited you to provide entertainment for the rest of us. Now shut your pie hole and come show us what a Nancy you are!

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
I will be at the McDonald's in West Windsor at 7:30 if you and Dave want to meet there.&nbsp;

Ooh, that means we'll have to be on the road before 6am!&nbsp; Do-able, but tight.&nbsp; We'll see what we can do.

I think there was a Krispy Kreme at the gas station/exit we stopped at on the way back from Modena.&nbsp; We might be over there, instead.&nbsp; :eek: Dave can't pass up the Krispy Kremes!

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
I’m looking forward to riding in my skirt for another season.
You call that riding? :laugh: But at least you showed up unlike those two no-shows, Dave and Lori. Guess the rain must've scared them away.

Not sure what happened to Nancy... er... RM_guy. The club had a five mile loop laid out with five trials sections. On the first two loops we rode through the sections and were scored just like a regular trials event. Then after a short break we rode three laps just like a harescramble. Ol' Nancy never finished his second loop. He did, however, get the hole shot on the harescramble start, but I passed him within the first mile and left him on a snotty hill. After one lap Nancy put his skirt on and rode back to his truck.

I had a great time. Rain right before the start made the course slick and snotty. I rode all the trials sections twice and scored a pathetic 40 points. I finished all three laps of the harescramble in 1:06.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Yeah Woody is right. My riding sucked. The 5 mile loop was laid out on the side of a mountain and it went up and down. The ran made it terribly muddy and I drained all my energy on the first couple of uphills. I did have a good time though and would do it again even though on the first lap I kept looking for a trail back to the truck so I could take it and go home :eek:

I did pull a nice hole-shot on that mud soaked, uphill, dead engine start of the timed event :) The only reason Bill caught up with me is because I stopped for some carnage on a hill and he cheated and passed me while cutting part of the course.

All in all it was a fun day. I waited for Lori and Dave at the McDonald's until 7:50...What happened guys???

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
We had everything set out and ready to load up, but when we woke up at 5am and saw that it was wet, we checked the forecast.&nbsp; Found it was going to be raining during the morning, and decided to bail.&nbsp; Riding in the wet on regular knobbies is one thing, riding in the wet on trials tires is completely different.

They label the Scottish Trials as a "fun" event, and driving 2 hours and&nbsp;sliding around&nbsp;in the mud and rain is not my idea of "fun".&nbsp; Believe me, we were sorely disappointed to miss the event.&nbsp; This was the THIRD Sunday in a row where the weather has shut us out of riding.&nbsp; :(

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Originally posted by LoriKTM
...Riding in the wet on regular knobbies is one thing, riding in the wet on trials tires is completely different...
Hmm..some other guy was there on a trials bike and he didn't seem to have a problem :debil:

I just assumed that "Dave to Sadist" was up for anything nasty :p Maybe next time...

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
I just assumed that "Dave to Sadist" was up for anything nasty :p Maybe next time...

Oh, didn't&nbsp; I mention?&nbsp; Dave's a "fair weather" sadist. ;)

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
The only reason Bill caught up with me is because I stopped for some carnage on a hill and he cheated and passed me while cutting part of the course.
That was a perfectly legal cut-through. The trail wasn't arrowed on both sides and I could spot the next arrow... look it up in the AMA rule book. Besides, I believe you followed me through that hot line. Before that I was on your tail the entire time. That just happened to be the best spot to pass you and those three other guys that started on the minute ahead of us. I ended up dicing back and forth with one of those guys for most of the race. Thought I finally shut the door on him so I eased up the last mile. Ended up hitting neutral about a tenth from the finish. I tried like hell to block the trail but he got around me. The guy on the GG 4-stroke saw the whole thing.

There was one trials bike there. I was talking to him before our first run through the fifth trials section. He was complaining about not getting any traction. He and I both took fives in that section.

Top Bottom