Riding 05/05/07

woodsracer369

Mi. Trail Riders
Riding west side of the state - probably leave from 7 mile rd parking (near LMC clubgrounds) 10 am. Anyone intersted in joining up, post up.

Trevor

Last edited:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
Trevor

I may be up for that and I can go one better you can be my guest at the LMC clubgrounds.
PM me your e mail and i will get back to you.

Fred

Hey Fred, ya got any zip ties? Wasn't trying to be an azz when I give ya the bird just the first thing that popped in to my head.
I know this is a little off of the riding subject for 05-05-07, but what oil do you run in your KTM 2stroke transmission? Seems like once mine got good and warm it really needed a good stab at the shifter and full clutch engagement to make the shift from 1st to 2nd. Is this normal with these bikes or do I just need to run a specific oil? I don't like missing shifts cause it's hard on the engine and trans. Any advice?

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
slowone said:
Hey Fred, ya got any zip ties? Wasn't trying to be an azz when I give ya the bird just the first thing that popped in to my head.
I know this is a little off of the riding subject for 05-05-07, but what oil do you run in your KTM 2stroke transmission? Seems like once mine got good and warm it really needed a good stab at the shifter and full clutch engagement to make the shift from 1st to 2nd. Is this normal with these bikes or do I just need to run a specific oil? I don't like missing shifts cause it's hard on the engine and trans. Any advice?

Nick
I don't remember the zip ty incident. I run KLOTZ.

hey Trev-
I might be up for that, let me know by Fri where to meet, 7mi, LMC or ?
Dave

MAPS

mjbike said:
Planning on Evart on Sunday 5/6 if any interest.
I would be interested. Let me know what time if you are in. PM me your number and I will give you a call.

Planning on Evart on Sunday 5/6 if any interest.

I cant make the 5/5 ride, but will be riding Cadillac on 5/6, parking at M55 lot, 10am

bbarel

Mi. Trail Riders
Hey DSK are you sure you remember how to ride a bike with a motor in it? Don't forget we're riding mmday weekend Caberfae probably Saturday, but I'm flexible. So you're going to to pre-ride it eh I see how you are. Have fun glad to see you're riding the motorized bike.

MAPS
Waiting on response from another guy to confirm it is Evart.
Will know by Sat. am. Planning on 9-9:30am at staging area.
Mike

Hey Bret,
Have to get out and ride sometime. Sat mm day weekend is still a go. Thought we could meet off of Boon. Talk about it later.
MTB at the VASA trail in TC this Sat with Randy, Larry and few other guys. They know of a bunch of unmarked trails there that are pretty cool.

woodsracer369

Mi. Trail Riders
My post has been thread-Jacked!!!! :yikes:

I may as well jump in too......

Does anyone know if 7 mile is open from 55 to Johnson Rd?

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
woodsracer369 said:
My post has been thread-Jacked!!!! :yikes:

I may as well jump in too......

Does anyone know if 7 mile is open from 55 to Johnson Rd?
Yes.

Hey Trevor it was great meeting up with you two guys plus John for a nice 46 Mile ride. I guess that Yammie gets about 44 miles to the tank ay? What a beautiful day for a ride. :cool:

woodsracer369

Mi. Trail Riders
Fred,
As always it was a blast and good to meet John. I'm sure we'll all meet up again. Mike's already making provisions (aux # plate tank) so that he can extend his milage. Let me know what the plans are for trail maint. I'll be glad to help if my schedule permits.

Trevor