Pwgsx

Oct 10, 2004
I ride when I can but want to know how to pull a good wheelie. I can get it up on the street and ride it for a few seconds but would like to be able to keep it up down the street or dirt track. I know a lot is ballance but it is hard to wheelie on dirt or grass. Any tips or hints would be helpful.

Nevada Sixx

Jan 14, 2000
i think wheelies are hard to do on big bikes, especially two strokes, but a kdx is a good choice since it has alot of bottom end. there is a video on how to wheelie, i got one off ****. but,,,unless your willing to bust it many times learning,,you'll have to settle for small short wheelies....only people ive ever seen actually walk a bike were pros.

slapthemat

Jan 3, 2005
wheelie

the way i do it, you arent in a wheelie for long (5-6 seconds) but you cover alot of ground. I run the grears to 3rd. then in third i let the rpms drop to where its right where the powerband kicks in. I clutch it then FEED it the clutch, dont dump it or your rpms with fall. i usualy put my weight twards the back. i stand up and put tension on the bars with my arms. then when it comes up i stand up and look over the front fender, its fun and looks cool too.

adam728

Aug 16, 2004
There is a HUGE post in the Riding/Training Technique forum about wheelie riding. Best advice I can give is learn how to hit the rear brake. All instinct tells you to bail when you go past the balance point, but hitting the brake can save you.

One of the easiest surfaces to wheelie on (for me) is sand. There is a lot of drag, so if you start to go over too far just let off and the front end will usually come down. It's kinda like riding a 4 stroke with lots of compression braking. Those are by far the easiest to wheelie on.

Wheeling is a good skill to have, lots of trail obsticles can be delt with much more smoothly with the front end up.

Top Bottom