NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
The wife & I are going to spend 4-5 days driving down the Oregon coast from Lincoln City to our home in Santa Rosa, CA. We are picking up our '00 Patio Hauler 351F from my parents in Vancouver, WA - thought I had the retired parents talked into towing the trailer down but the wife nixed that idea.

Is there any good riding along the way other than the sand dunes? Both our bikes are dual sported.

The only thing I know I really want to do along the way is the jet boat ride up the Rogue river. Any ohter non-riding suggestions? How 'bout favorite campgrounds?

Brian

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
stpatrik16,
I checked OOHVA and it shows East Fort Rock is east of Bend - I'm a little confused. The jet boat ride I know of is from Golds Beach up to a small town (can't remember the name) & back - not anywhere near Bend. However, we ski at Mt. Bachelor so we are somewhat familiar with Bend and are planning on going to Bend in the next year or so during the spring/fall in order to do some riding around the area.

Brian

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Jet boats leave at Gold Beach and go up river to a hotel/restaurant at a place called Paradise. Other jet boat trips also leave from inland (Medford?) and go down the Rouge River before turning around. The upriver and downriver routes do not cross - I think there are some sections in the middle the jets can't make.

I did the trip up from Gold Beach on Jerry's Rogue Jets and it was GREAT! Highly recommended. It is a thrill and the boat pilots are awesome. We did a full day trip but I hear the night time trips are spectacular for wildlife viewing.

The dunes riding is also supposed to be lots of fun. :)

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
I've done the dunes thing at Pismo & I suck at it - went to school at Cal Poly. That & I really don't think Anja would enjoy the dunes on her XR250.....

Thanks for the info on the boat ride from Gold's Beach - that's the one I want to do.

Brian

roostafish

Jul 14, 2000
At mile post 251 on Highway 101 just South of Coos bay (towards Bandon if you're headed south) You will find a dandy little riding area. All in the woods, lots of turns and roots. No hills to speak of, but fun riding nonetheless. It is a 30 mile loop, that is quite enjoyable. You owe it to yourself to stop there. There are many other options inland, but this is the best trail riding on the Southern coast.

Top Bottom