SterlingYZ

Mar 19, 2003
Anyone ride in the MD,DC,VA or metro area? I desparately am looking for new places to ride, and some ridding buddies to twist throttles with. I have looked for clubs in the area to join to expand my riding places and buddies, but I can only seem to find road clubs.

Any feedback would be great! I am willing to drive 45 minutes to an hour on any given Sunday (or Saturday) to meet up! Let me know! :)

-Sterling

va_yzrider

Apr 28, 2003
I'm in Richmond and we have several tracks, mostly toward Charlottesville. It might be a haul for you, but we are there pretty much every weekend unless there has been too much rain. Shoot me an email if you want to check them out. dcovington@mbakercorp.com.

PS - If you're looking for trails, good luck!

SterlingYZ

Mar 19, 2003
Finding trails is that bad around here, huh? I kind of thought so. When I was in college in New Mexico, There were SO many places to ride.. Nothing like coming home. :)

Richmond... think that's 3 hours? I am hoping it's less, I'll have to check. I may have to travel down there to practice. Are these persoanl tracks or do you have to have a membership? Thanks for the answer!

john hubbard

~SPONSOR~
Feb 23, 2003
Hey SYZ,
I'm kinda in the same boat...I live in Columbia, MD. Bought a new bike & trailer and don't have anyone to ride with around here. I rode a couple of times in Anne Arundel county but they put they started posting no trepassing signs and then Local 5.0 started showing up as well. There's another place about 5 miles away from my house which I just drove to this morning to see if anybody was riding...I was told by alot people locally (military buds) that this was the local spot, but I've gone up there (w/o my trailer/bike) and didn't see anyone.

There is a online group called DCOFFroad (yahoo group) and they tend to ride together in pa, eastern, western and southern MD, and in area hare scrambles/enduro races...But everytime when I ask about getting together to ride with someone no one really gets back to me. But I think you should check out that site...There's alot guy in the NOVA/DC/Montgomery county region that get together and ride according to their posts on that site.

You're about 30 minutes from where I live, so please all be means drop me a line. Like you I just don't feel like driving 3 hours to get somewhere unless there's a campsite...Oh yeah, there definitely are some places in the MD national parks to ride...There about 90 minutes away...I'd be for a day trip man...You can drop me a line at hubbycats1@aol.com...Take it easy and Good luck!--John

va_yzrider

Apr 28, 2003
Sterling, not sure how far it is, but 2-3 hrs sounds about right. These are personal tracks and no membership is required. There is also an AMA sanctioned track here that has practice days on occasion. You need to be an AMA member to ride. Trails are hard to find in my area. In fact, they are so hard to find that I don't even think about trails any more. The only thing that I know of is out along the Blue Ridge parkway.

fuzzy

~SPONSOR~
Jul 26, 2002
Yeah, the VA and WV parks are a good bet. Hatfield/McCoy in WV ROCKS....Bring your skills though! You can ride at Savage River out by Frostburg too....Nice place to camp, but trails are short(however rocky and technical). Lots in Southern MD also. http://www.smdr.org There are always SX/MX and Hare's at Budd's Creek too. I moved from Frederick last year......e-mail my bud at xeh@css.ncifcrf.gov I just turned him and some other freinds onto the sport and they are finding local spots....Mt airy in particular. Three guys on KDX's that would be more than happy to hook up w/ you guys. The onwer of the mentioned e-mail address just pulled all the ligaments in his right shoulder and cracked two ribs though....He'll be about another 1.5 months.....Was 6th gear WFO accross a field and hit a HUGE groundhog hole.

john hubbard

~SPONSOR~
Feb 23, 2003
Hey Fuzzy thanks for the info...I ride a KDX too, so that would be cool to ride with your buds. Man, sorry about your friend...whew, WFO!!-Yikes, that must've hurt when he that hole!!

flynbryan

~SPONSOR~
May 22, 2000
I feel ya'lls pain guys. I lived in Va. for 21yrs. and the only trail riding areas I ever found was to sign up for the VCHSS. Its hare scrambles series in the central va. area. Va. is definatly a predominatly Mx state. Good luck. I know Md. has a Hare Scramble at Budds. Lots of fun. Yzeater was there not long ago. He might drop ya'll a line.

SterlingYZ

Mar 19, 2003
MAN, that would be GREAT!! I would love to get a group together. John and I have spoken, and will hopefully ride soon, I wouldn't mind catching up with those guys too!! Mt Airy... that's right near Damascus, not TOO far from me in Silver Spring. Are these tracks in MT Airy or just trails?

-Sterling

Joe-Joe

Mar 20, 2003
Originally posted by john hubbard
Hey Fuzzy thanks for the info...I ride a KDX too, so that would be cool to ride with your buds. Man, sorry about your friend...whew, WFO!!-Yikes, that must've hurt when he that hole!!

Joe-Joe

Mar 20, 2003
Joe-Joe will up and riding in Md. soon. Drop me an e-mail and we can try to ride sometime. I haven't checked out the place in Mt.Airy yet. As Fuzzy said I took a nasty flip, still not able to ride yet.

john hubbard

~SPONSOR~
Feb 23, 2003
Heal up well Joe-Joe...Look forward to riding with ya' one day when your back in the saddle...

DRECKFRESSER

May 29, 2003
i dont know if anyone is still checking this thread but i`ll give it a shot. Theres a great place to trail ride in edinburg virginia. lots of fresh trails and some good worn in ones. go to nvtr.com to get directions. if anyone is interested in getting together to tear some dirt , drop me a note at alexncari@netzero.com. the taskers gap trails in edinburg are all public. they are about an hour from d.c.

SterlingYZ

Mar 19, 2003
Hey Man,
I'm interested. How far is that from Washington, D.C. If it's within 90 minutes, I'll ride this weekend!

Let me know.

Sterling

SterlingYZ

Mar 19, 2003
Sorry, just read an hour from D.C. lol I am interested. I am emailing you now... Hope you are around this weekend... or ANYONE on the dc/md/va area! Respond to this post! :)

-Sterling

SterlingYZ

Mar 19, 2003
Darryl,
I am about 15 minutes from Columbia. I am interested in going riding at a track on Saturday. I just hope it's not too wet. Where in PA is it, how far from Howard county? I can't PM ya, not a paying member (yet). Do you have an email address I can reach you at so we can work out the details? I REALLY need to get to a track to practice...

Thanks for the POST! Anyone else in the area ready to ride?

Darryl

May 4, 2002
For those interested, we're going to Rocket Raceway in PA this weekend - never went last weekend because of the rain.

Here's the website -> http://www.rocketraceway.com/.

E-mail me at ntmcse@yahoo.com if you're interested.

Darryl

dhartzyz400f

Jul 1, 2003
email me if you would like some info about a NOVA club. I know of 2. The one I am getting in supposedly has 4 miles of trails and a MX track. I don't know for sure but it is all I can find. I can give u that contact info for that club and another I know of. I too am in desperate need of riding spots. I am new in the area and new to dirt bikes so I am just looking for any ride time. If anyone else out there has any more locations please fill me in. I can find plenty of tracks for lots of money to ride, lookin for something cheaper. Thanks

Top Bottom