HLT

Sponsoring Member
Dec 15, 2000
Does anyone know of any good riding areas around the Redmond/Bend area of Oregon? I'm going to be there late this month and would like to take the bikes if there is some local riding.

steph

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2002
Take the bikes!! Some great riding 15-20 miles east of Bend---East Fort Rock is the name of one area---my wife and I have been there twice, we're beginning and novice riders respectively--loved the mix of what was there, and good camping too. The area is beautiful if you enjoy everything out of doors. Hopefully won't be too dry for you, but there are some places in tthe woods, out in the open, whoops--they seem to have it all. Stop in a local place in Bend, they can give you some maps and info----Bend is not that big, so won't be hard to find a place to give info.

Have fun.

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
Great place to ride!

But you might want to check with the Forest Service before loading/going.
They are currently having some massive forest fires around the Sisters area.

Haven't heard anything about the East Fork Rock area - but you really should check to avoid dissapointment.

-- ET

HLT

Sponsoring Member
Dec 15, 2000
Steph & E-ticket, thanks for the replys. I always fly in when I go but it looks from the air, that there is plenty of riding East of Redmond so I thought I might drive and take the bikes this time.

High Desert XR400

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2000
HLT,
There are miles and miles of great trails all around the Bend/Redmond area. However, as E-Ticket mentioned it is very dry around here right now and most everyplace is closed to all OHV's. :(
Here is a link with a lot of the local riding area's listed. Besure to check the "Current OHV Conditions" for any changes. The only places shown as open now are two pits.
http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/centraloregon/recreation/cohvops/index.shtml
Unfortunately we will need a lot of rain and or snow before most areas will open for riding. It usally gets good some time in November and runs through about May. Let me know if you are going to be here then and I will gladly offer some suggestions. ;)

Top Bottom