Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
Is anyone going riding at Munster this weekend. I would like to go Sunday if possible. I work late on Friday nights (getting to bed at 3-4 am) so it makes it a little rough getting up early on Saturday. I hope the weather maker is paying attention.

Proxy

N. Texas SP
Mar 14, 2005
I'll be up there with a car club buddy of mine, not sure what day yet.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Have fun up there, Randy. I'm still recuperating from knee surgery. It feels so good, though, I could ride right now if I wanted to, but my wife would hit the roof. I'm going to wait a couple more weeks. Have fun; hope you get some moist dirt.

sgifford

N. Texas SP
Apr 11, 2004
Jim,

I'm glad to hear the surgery went well. Benjamin's shoulder seems to be doing well. He doesn't have much pain, and has pretty close to normal movement.

We won't know until he sees the doctor Friday whether the collar-bone has healed 'properly'.

Seldon

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
By the way, Malcolm Smith was at Muenster again Monday, for the Tucker Rocky dealer appreciation ride. Wish I could have gone.

Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
It does not look like a shortage of riders this weekend. After looking at the weather, we could have some wet sand and mud on Sunday. Yea!!

Take you time Jim. You need that knee for the rest of you riding days and beyond. I do not think they put 300 GG engines on wheel chairs (yet). By the time we are in our 70s, maybe.

Let me know where to find everyone. I will be in my red Nissan PU with the black trailer and blue Yamaha. Red, black, and blue. SOUNDS LIKE ME AFTER A CRASH. I will try for early but I have never made it there much before noon. I will try to be loaded Saturday night.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Seldon, be sure to give Benjamin my best wishes for a quick recovery. He's a good kid and a very good rider. There are only two kinds of dirt bike riders, unfortunately: those who have been hurt and those who will be. But luckily the injuries are usually minor and not life-threatening. That's why I gave up alligator wrestling.

Proxy

N. Texas SP
Mar 14, 2005
I'll be out there on Sunday (dark green Toyota Tacoma, KTM 200 exc). I believe my buddy will be on his Yammy 426F.

sgifford

N. Texas SP
Apr 11, 2004
lust450,

I'll be up there tomorrow, through the 2nd gate. I'll be in my white Nissan Frontier. Will you make it there tomorrow?

Seldon

Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
Sgifford, I won't make it Saturday. I work long hours during the week and need a day to get it together around the house.

Proxy, you will probally beat me to munster. Where do you park, in the meadow?

We are getting a good rain. This could be fun.

Last edited:

Proxy

N. Texas SP
Mar 14, 2005
Mudd Slinger said:
Proxy, you will probally beat me to munster. Where do you park, in the meadow?
Crap, sorry I didn't respond sooner, but we parked through the 2nd gate on the north side, at the furthest north shelter.

We got there way early (8am). I might've had some luck finding you, but I was done by 11:30am due to my throttle cable snapping. Luckily, it was at idle when it broke.. although slightly more woulda been nice so I could've avoided a tricky bike-to-bike tow back to base camp.

Oh well, new cable is already on its way. That makes 2 weekends in a row of cutting a ride short due to a malfunction, but at least the last one wasn't me :)

I was quite surprised by how wet it still was out there. Most of the sand was nice and shallow, but there were some really nasty spots, even on the main trails.

lust450

Nov 20, 2005
muenster

seldon, had fun riding w/you saturday was very muddy brings out the kid in all of us. i finally made it up joshua tree sunday took me two trys banged the rock at the top w/my shin but will survive it was awesome there was about ten people at the bottom watching just had to do it talk to you later!!!

Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
I was there Sunday but did not find lust450 or Proxy. I did find some people that I knew for one fast ride but they went home early (Daryl, Doug, Dan, Bubba, and another rider and his son). I ate a little roost and almost lost it over the creek bank once (too close). I later plunked around by myself for a while and just took it easy. The sand was wet and a little sloppy and greasy in places. It was just enough to keep it interesting.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
sorry to miss you on sunday randy. we were there all day. i talked to daryl earlier in the day. i didnt ride with them as we had some younguns and an adult newbie most of the day. it was great to ride in something other than dust. i just wish that place had marked trails. its so darn hard to stay as a group when there is an intersection every 40ft. the only way to keep a group together is put the slowest out front and that can make for a long day if you dont get to open it up once in awhile.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Gene, what I like to do is to put a knowledgeable trail guide up front, somebody (unlike Darrell) who will stop frequently to check people behind him. Then everybody else takes his place in descending order of speed, but you ask an experienced guy to ride sweep. The rule is that everybody is responsible for the guy behind him. If you can't see the guy behind you, you have to stop until you do. When you stop, the guy in front of you will wait, and so on. The sweep rider can help everybody get back on track if they get lost, because he knows where they most likely went. This plan only works, though, if everybody checks frequently on the guy behind. If you just bop along oblivious, the system breaks down. Then you have chaos.

I used to mark my favorite trails out there, and some are still marked with a green ribbon or a green spot on the trees, but they're mostly gone now. It took me more than a few Saturdays to mark them, but I wouldn't mind starting over. Maybe I'll do that when I get my knee in shape.

lust450

Nov 20, 2005
mud slinger,i rode w daryl and the rest of the group until about 10.30 sunday.some of my other friends showed up newbys to muenster and we putted around or more like slid around in the mud!!
i left around 3.0clock thanx !

Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
We will hook up next time. It seems like I always find someone out there to ride with. It does not always go as planned but I never have a bad time no matter what happens. I might be out there for the race in a couple of weeks?

Last edited:
Top Bottom