bnichols70

Sep 23, 2004
Hi Guys,
My son (6 yr old) and I have been riding trails for about a year now, and we would have loved to have come last year but we just weren't ready for a crowd. Anyway, he started on a PW50 about a yr and half ago, and is now riding (within the last 2 mos),a TTR90 in first gear. I know next to nothing about the proper ways of MX and trail riding, other than get on and go, and I want to get him with people who do know. He is getting too brave (read: jumping at Gruber ORV track) not to give him some good basics. Will the clinics going on cover this? Those on Thur and Fri? I see on the old schedule that they are here (thur and Fri), but if there is other ground instruction, I would like him there. Let a dad new to this know...
My background: all street on HD,
He wanted a bike, now I almost would sell the HD's to ride full time with him. I also am going to run into problems with getting him out of school for the whole week, so if the clinics are at the end of the week, that is a bonus...

Billy

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
We'll have a class for the kids for sure. Can't say yet who will be teaching it, but have a few people that will do an excellent job.

bnichols70

Sep 23, 2004
Good. Will it be toward the end of the week? I am assuming this will be one of those shown on Thur or Fri of the old schedule?

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I'm sure besides the more professional instruction that will happen there will be plenty of kids that might be a little older that he might be comfortable with that would help him out, as well as some of the adults.

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Have him hang out and watch/ride with the Zoomer clan of kiddos. The only time I've seen those guys/girl not riding their motorcycles is when they stop to refuel. I don't know how they do it. My record 200+ miles in '02 pales in comparison to the Zoomers! :)

Top Bottom