jackdrinker

Apr 11, 2003
Hey guy's...
I just picked up an 07' KX250f and I dying to ride it..
My question is regarding trail closures and or hour restrictions during hunting season.. We plan on going two weeks from now..
Anyone have any advice?

Cheater

Aug 15, 2006
You are not allow to ride in public hunting areas during the november firearm deer season, from 7:00am to 11:00am and 2:00pm to 5:00pm.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
My advice is give the hunters full access to the woods for 2 weeks - stay out. Don't cause them any trouble and remember they have guns and liquor. :yikes: If they can get as mad as they seem to by shooting signs just imagine what they can do to a motorcycel that spooked a deer they had in their sights.

jackdrinker

Apr 11, 2003
I looked at the "hunting" maps and it seems that the trail system we want to ride is not affected.. It's the Meadows system in Luzerne...

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
You can legaly ride any trail system during Bow season. But during the last 2 weeks in Novebmer, riffle season, stay out of the woods. Yes you can legaly ride from 11am to 2pm but I wouldn't advise it. Just give the hunters those 2 weeks. We have the rest of the year let them have there 2 weeks.

But till riffle season....Ride on.

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Hunting is open on almost any state land - including the Meadows trails near Luzurne - so it IS affected.

As the others have mentioned - best bet is to let the shooters have the woods for the two weeks of gun season - we get it the rest of the year! You did say "two weeks from now" however - that is before gun season. (Nov. 15th AKA - Saint Antlers Day) - so ride to your heart's content until then!

jackdrinker

Apr 11, 2003
Ok, cool... Ya, it's going to be this weekend or next..
Mike, do you know the number for the cabins on deeter road?
Ma-deters has new owners but they do not own the cabins..
Thanks!
Jonathan

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
The only listing I can find is this:

Ma Deeter's Log Cabin Inn - 989-826-5558

They may not be the place you are looking for, but at least should be able to get you a number .

Enjoy your ride!

Mike

Top Bottom