ws6transam

Nov 17, 2005
I need a man vacation. So I am going to camp at Sunrise Lake state campground on Friday, and try the Evart loop. I'll be riding on Saturday too. Maybe even bring my Avon Redshank, and pop it into the lake and go swimming from it.

A riding buddy would be really, really great, but right now, the way I feel, after not being able to get on the trails since LAST FALL, I am so desperate that I'll even putt-putt down the trail alone, on my WR500 if I have to.

Call me if you are interested in doing the loop -

517388BURK is my cellphone.
-Dan

Erm (edit) - I am rethinking this. I just saw that there's work to do on the Jackpine. That's almost as good - so long as I get some time to fire up the bike sometime between Friday and Saturday

ws6transam

Nov 17, 2005
Hmm... Maybe I am going to re-think this.

Jack Pine needs some volunteers. Maybe I'll go THERE instead and help out. Just so long as I get some ringding time.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Dan,

We will start working on Saturday morning at 9:00 am. There may be some walking involved, but we will be riding also.

Mike

ws6transam

Nov 17, 2005
Great fun! Hard work! I wish I could've stayed and put the bike on the newly marked section!! Oh man, do I so wish! - the EFM autoclutch works like a DREAM on the twisty stuff! I got in two and a half solid hours of riding on Friday - I unloaded at 4 PM, and put the camper up at 7 PM. I did the MUCC trail from 13 mile's parking lot all the way through to just east of the LMC lodge grounds, plus a goodly portion of the route 6 snowmobile trail route - Great fun, powersliding through that sand - though I've realized that the Washougal needs replacement, since I was spinning it in every single gear except fifth.

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
Thanks again for Your help Dan, it was great to hang arrows with You & trim trees. It was VERY hard work, but good excerise!!! Hope to see You soon back at Jackpine!!! Thanks Again!!!
Dave L.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Yes Dan we appreciate all your help that day. Nice to see you, glad you enjoyed the day-that trail clearing is hard work.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Dave has been to HUNT BOOT CAMP for a couple weeks now. We appreciate all the help he has been.

ws6transam

Nov 17, 2005
Did you all get to ride the section to see if our arrows pointed the correct way, and didja find any hazards that we might have missed? As I recall, the old whiskey bottle was right beneath the big white "X" danger flag. Don't drive over it 'cause it's a historical artifact. Probably tossed there by John Dillinger himself on his way north to his hideout on Bois Blanc island.

Top Bottom