Riding in Minnesota?

CR 250 MXer

Jan 30, 2002
Looking for somewhere in Minnesota to go to practice on a smaller MX track and any trails to ride. Any suggestions fellow Minnesotan's?

Coach in ND

Mar 19, 2001
Check out www.armca.org. Its the website for the local AMA district. They have the listings for all the tracks and how to get ahold of them. There are two tracks about an hour south of Msp (Mazeppa and Kellog) that have open practice during the week.

Coach

jeb

Jul 21, 1999
The national MX track near Millville is also in the same general area as Kellog and Mazeppa. There's also a track at Elko. I don't MX so I can't tell you much more about them.

For trails, there's nothing public close to the cities. Closest would probably be Nemadji state forest south of Duluth. There are some trails south along the Mississippi on either side of the town of Weaver. Snake Creek and Trout Valley. Fun put not single track and they're multiuse so you could find horses, mt bikers, hunters, hikers, whatever.

Our club, the Golden Eagles out of Rochester, puts on two very fun trailrides each year at Theilman, MN which is near Plainview. See the armca site for details.

CR 250 MXer

Jan 30, 2002
Thanks for the input. Those trail rides sound like a lot of fun. Do I need anything special to ride in them? I just have a pretty stock CR 250.

goater

Nov 8, 2005
probably at least a spark arrestor. I would suggest getting a new pipe like the FMF Q. You shouldn't have any trouble with noise and it has a spark arrester. It also doesnt restrict power. A good SX track is built during the summer at the jordan MN fairgrounds for more go to www.motokazie.com.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…