smp629

Oct 23, 2003
I was wondering were i could get riding lessons or what a good book or video would be to help me develop more skills. And be able to ride better and faster. Any help would be great

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Riding lessons tend to be dependent on your area, unless you are willing to travel to attend classes. Tell us where you live and someone may be able to suggest a decent teacher in your area.

I know Ike De Jager frequently handles guests that fly in from out of the country for classes. http://20-20racing.com

I don't have any personal experience with them, but I understand Gary Semics has some books and tapes out. http://gsmxs.com

linusb

~SPONSOR~
Apr 20, 2002
My local library has Donnie Bales and Gary Semics Pro motocross & off-road motorcycle riding techniques

The ISBN is 0760308314.

This book is great.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
Where do you live? Every area has a local pro who is sick of eating soup for diner that could use the money.

miko

Nov 26, 2003
Originally posted by RV6junkie
Every area has a local pro who is sick of eating soup for diner that could use the money.

True but like with any sport, being good at it doesn't necessarily
translate into being a good teacher...

miko.

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
I have thought about doing a few lesson deals have to see if anyone is interested.

wardy

smp629

Oct 23, 2003
I would be interested in lessons. if you are near the chicago area like 2 -3 hours away i would drive. let me know if you know anywhere near.

thanks alot

txkawboy

Nov 18, 2003
u can also simply ask; find a group that rides/trains together who are at least one level higher than u, and ask them if u can tag along...unless they are squids, it should flatter them. ---and if they ARE squids, then why would u want to?
riding with faster people is THE way to learn...nothing else even came close, for me...and thats still how i learn; we learn off each other.

mxer842

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2003
before you go do lessons i would grab a video camera and have a buddy tape you, you guys could take turns taping eachother. then go home and study the tape, it is very easy to spot and correct your mistakes that way, i know me and my friend have improved dramatically that way.

take a look at donnie hansens website dhma.com it looks like he has a school your way in july. he is an excellent instructor, he dropped my lap times 15seconds in 4days, really a great teacher.

Top Bottom