slinger34

May 1, 2006
First time i was on a track was three weeks ago. It is sand and i plan on going back this weekend. The problem is as i got comfortable with making the jumps, on one the backend whipped out and i crashed. any tips on tire pressure, or how to bring the rear back straight after it whippes out would help out alot. New to being on a track so any advice would really hep out.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Just a guess, but I bet you didn't land with the gas on..

I landed pretty much sideways off a good sized jump last weekend, but was able to save it, because I was on the gas...

I can only imagine how much it would have hurt had I been off the gas on the landing.

slinger34

May 1, 2006
Thanks for the comments, The owner of the track saw me crash and he also said that if i was on the gas i would have saved it. But i was too beat up to try it again. one thing though, sand is alot softer then packed dirt.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
And yeah, hit the throttle right before you land. It will help you land any jump better, unless of course there's a tight corner right after it. In that case try to use your legs to straighten out the bike.

Top Bottom