m4i2k2e2

Oct 8, 2007
i have a 1999 cr250r and it has factory connection suspension set up for 160 pound rider which is about where im at. when im in the berm right about 80 percent through the berm it wants to to stand up and go over the top. i have a 110/90-19 IRC M5B. its a really beefy tire. someone at the pit said he changed his rear tire so a size smaller and it seemed to help alot. im wondering if this could be suspension or that a smaller rear tire could help? any thoughts or info would help. thanks for any and all help.
-mike.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
lean over farther, don't look right at your front fender, look where you want to go, get further forward on the tank, weight the outside peg, and keep it pinned.

it has a lot less to do with tires than it has to do with technique

m4i2k2e2

Oct 8, 2007
XRpredator said:
lean over farther, don't look right at your front fender, look where you want to go, get further forward on the tank, weight the outside peg, and keep it pinned.

it has a lot less to do with tires than it has to do with technique

thats exactly what i do. i usually get this particular berm and im decent at it. i wiped out today and im sick of fighting with the bike in the turn. i wiped out and broke my clutch lever and i have those metal brush gaurds but they didnt work today. ive fallen one other time on this berm its all sand and when i mess up or feel like i went to slow i keep doing it until i feel like i got it right. this time i didnt get to because i broke me lever.

JOE.... no i have not. ill look into how and how much i do they. ill have to get one of thos sag adjustment measuring things i always see advertised.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Sag can make a big difference. As few as a 5mm can be pretty noticeable.

The other big adjustment you can make is confidence. Go at it with an "I'm gonna shred this son-of-a-gun attitude" and it will usually go better. If you get nerved out about it you're probly not gonna feel comfortable huckin' it in leaned over with throttle pinned, lol.

What happens right before it tries to climb out? Are you throwing the bike in on a slide and it hooks up and climbs out? How tight is it? What gear do you hit it in? How fast are the fast guys hitting it? Follow them through if nothing else pans out for you.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
+2 on the sag. 2 things that cause this, (1)too aggressive set-up or your taking the corner too slow. They are related to each other, the tuner could have set it too aggressive and you are not like that. But, all bets are off if you can not get all the sag parameters within spec? (2)Race sag and static sag will tell you if you have the correct springs. Too stiff springs will make the bike do this. Real soft and it cuts in off the berm.

m4i2k2e2

Oct 8, 2007
_JOE_ said:
Sag can make a big difference. As few as a 5mm can be pretty noticeable.

The other big adjustment you can make is confidence. Go at it with an "I'm gonna shred this son-of-a-gun attitude" and it will usually go better. If you get nerved out about it you're probly not gonna feel comfortable huckin' it in leaned over with throttle pinned, lol.

What happens right before it tries to climb out? Are you throwing the bike in on a slide and it hooks up and climbs out? How tight is it? What gear do you hit it in? How fast are the fast guys hitting it? Follow them through if nothing else pans out for you.

i go through it in first or second. i can usaully tear this bearm up. its probably me. once i get my new lever on ill give you guys an update. until then i get out the manual and read about adjusting my sag and all that good stuff.
thanks for all the input and help.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Just to see if you're in the ballpark, 100mm (which is common to most jap bikes) is just under 4 inches.

Top Bottom