rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
This is my first time doing a ride report, so bear w/me :laugh:

We left the Bay Area at about 4pm Friday afternoon, traffic was not a major issue, since 101 through Morgan Hill has been widened.. We arrived At Oceanu Dunes (formerely know as Pismo Beach) at around 830, after stopping for dinner along the way.. There was a group of about 20 of us, 2 bikes, about 10 quads and 2 sand rails.. Friday night we had a HUGE bonfire there on the beach, a bunch of stories etc..

So saturday morning we wake up too a Gorgeous day, about 75 on the beach :thumb: Installed some whip flags on the bikes and we were off into the dunes... If you ever want too learn too ride in sand, this is the place, its ALL sand.. If you ever go out there, becareful when riding w/your back too the water, the way the winds form the dunes, there are some HUGE drop offs, im estimating 100' possibly.. You can ride down them, just dont wanna jump off them, i landed half way down on this big one (blipped the gas off the top) and when i landed, it almost launched me off the bike cause the sand is so soft.. SO we went out and found some jumps and just spent the day hitting them, i found one the dropped off slightly on the backside, so that was DEFINATELY fun :yeehaw: I know sand is alot of maintenance on a bike, but well worth it IMO :thumb:

If you ever plan on camping on the beach @ Oceanu Dunes, they have some nice facilities, portable toilets, even some nice out houses out in the dunes.. There is an ice truck that drives around selling ice also.. Outside the 1st entrance, there is a dump station also w/water, so if you tow your trailer down there, you can fill the tanks there.. I reccomend using a 4x4 on the beach and watch the tide, you have too drive through a small river too get to the camping area, so 4 wheel Drive is handy, just be sure too air down your tires..

Well, thanks for reading, if you have any questions, feel free too ask :thumb:
Rick

KXTodd

~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2000
I was there last Thurs and Fri but not to ride :whiner:
I had to be in SanLuis Obispo and could only find a hotel in Pismo Beach, couldn't remember why the name sounded so familiar until late the next day we were driving around and found the entrance to the beach . Waited until I saw a 2 wheel drive car come out and decided it was ok to take the rental SUV in there :clue: Yep , drove through the little river and all. I was kicking myself for not realizing there were dunes there and rental ATV's! I would have made plans to stay an extra day.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
You should of took the rental out in the dunes :laugh: J/K, its a pretty fun place too ride, if you have never experienced riding in sand, that is the place too learn :laugh:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom