Riding season in Gunnison, Co

Bandit9

Jul 14, 2002
What months are good for riding the Taylor Park trails just north of Gunnison, Co? May-Sept? I am a Southern boy and don't like it below 40 degrees.

Bigbird

Aug 29, 2000
Just got back from there. My group and I have been going to Colorado (Taylor Park, Ouray, Telluride, etc.) for 13 years. My feeling is the latter part of August is best. We were there from the 14th of August through the 28th. The weather was actually quite nice with a couple of days producing some intermittent showers with hail and a little dusting of snow. Otherwise, sunny and reasonably warm. Some years are wetter than others, as was last year when it rained pretty hard some days. Usually, you can expect afternoon showers. Just be prepared with the waterproof jacket and you should be alright.

Layton

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 2000
I was also there the 14-21st. As Bigbird said, there was everything from really nice sunny weather to rain and sleet--------all in the same day.

What ever you do be sure that even if the day starts sunny, you have the proper clothes with you in case the weather makes a change. And it probably will.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…