oilspot

Sep 11, 2006
I haven't seen any, but does anybody make riding shorts. It gets hot here in the desert. I figure with riding boots and knee pads I don't really know how much more protection I'm going to get from wearing a full length pant.
If so who makes good shorts.
I started thinking about this when I was checking out knee pads. It's gonna get hot in the pants, add the pads and my blood may start to boil.

Octane250F

Uhhh...
Oct 21, 2006
I know that Thor makes pants that can convert into shorts. They call them, "Static" pants.
I had a pair of them and they were fine other than the fact that they had a clip (where you have to squeeze the 2 ears together to get them undone) that held the fly shut instead of a button or hook and loop setup and it was often very difficult to get them unclipped
I think Fox makes pants like that too and Id bet some other companies do as well, but Im not 100% certain.
Just keep in mind that you cant wear shorts when you are competing in an AMA event, you will have to put the legs back on them.
I also found that my right leg would get really hot because there was pretty much nothing protecting it from the head of the exhaust.
Have you considered a set of vented riding gear, such as the Thor "AC"? That might be something youd like to consider as well.

Red Ryder

Mar 14, 2007
If your somewhere hot you can get some boots that are shorter, I saw some on Ebey and they were pretty cool. Good for hot weather and for shorts because the tall boots chaff your legs. I don't know what they were called but they looked like tallish hiking boots.

R&R

02yz426f

Nov 15, 2006
I would rather be hot in my pants and big boots then to get burned by my exhaust again. Short story is that I fell off the bike and was only wearing shorts, so when the bike was laying on me, the pipe was touching my exposed shin and i never jumped so high, so fast ever.

Octane250F

Uhhh...
Oct 21, 2006
Red Ryder said:
If your somewhere hot you can get some boots that are shorter, I saw some on Ebey and they were pretty cool. Good for hot weather and for shorts because the tall boots chaff your legs. I don't know what they were called but they looked like tallish hiking boots.

R&R
I see that Thor makes riding boots like that. They almost look like lowtop tennis shoes.

Racerboy

Apr 14, 2007
I wouldnt get shortys, I have AXO Slammers and I bought them for pitbike riding. I have been wearing them for bigbike too but thats only cause I outgrew my old boots. I am in the process of getting new full height MX boots. The Slammers are super comfy but not so protective compared to full boots. I have tried my regular shorts for riding with knee/shin guards but the only bad thing is that my guards dont strap above my knee so theyre flappin around. But if it werent for that it would be a sweet setup.

Racerboy

Apr 14, 2007
Oh and if your going in shorts I would get the super tall socks that go over your knee and partially up your thigh to help protct from a possible exhaust burn.

Top Bottom