mgorman

May 8, 2000
After spending a little more time on Ben's bike I realized that his does need a little help from the rear brake. I don't remember having to ride mine that way but after riding my bike I have become a little spoiled. I have no idea how my new ride will turn. Maybe I will have to adjust my riding style a little bit. Ben, you need to spend some time riding behind the dozer. He seems to have that brake slide thing down.

Hey FOO-FOO, you know who has the real girly bike!!!

BenjaminPQ

Spammer
Jan 4, 2001
Well, I guess since my KTM is for sale it doesn't really matter. I just can't wait till I get a new bike so I can start learning on it.

dozer

Dec 18, 2000
Hey Ben, check out that 520SX on Ebay:) . Oh and Ben, you'll need to take turns with Foo Foo rider:p. Sorry mgorman. I just could not resist that one after the abuse Foo Foo rider is trying to give me on dirtrider. He's been hamering me ever since he snuck past me on the last lap of a HS back in 2000 when I stalled my bike in a corner trying to avoid running over a small 125 rider that crashed in front of me.

Foo Foo rider should check out that GNCC/HS post on dirt rider that he was mentioning earlier:debil:

Last edited:

joules

Jan 2, 2002
my way of riding... when i have the energy..

The smooth momentum method is better most of the time. You feel like you are going faster and look cooler doing the brakeslide, turn and burn deal but most of the time is all you are doing is burning energy and ripping up the trail. I tend to stand alot, and ride on the balls of your feet.
Grip the bike with knees, but stay centered.
Be aggressive, on a short straight don't ride over the root, jump it. accelerate, accelerate, keep your momentum.
Use the whole trail to straighten the path. lay it over and use the tree trunk, roots, ruts or anything as a type of berm.
Did i mention be aggressive?
Initiate the turns with your feet when standing, weigh those pegs hard! This works really really well.
Drink lots of water.
Snap the bars to squeze between trees when they are really close or narrower then your bars. kinda scary but accelerate and lighten the front tire to snap it.
practice practice practice...
Jason
:p

Top Bottom