Riding vacation - Idaho or there abouts

sspmxc400

Aug 30, 2001
Looking to take a riding vacation around Sept/04. Interested in Idaho or something with similar terrain/weather that time of year. It would be 2-3 of us and we would consider a full on structured tour (through a group) or maybe just hire a riding guide to navigate the riding for us for 3-4 days - we are b level riders. Anybody have any suggestions?

zero_it

~SPONSOR~
May 20, 2000
Don't know of any m/c tours in Idaho. You might try Fay Meyers Motorsports in the Denver area. They are a great resource for riding in Colorado and some Idaho areas. They have maps, videos and maybe tour guide suggestions.

zilla

Nov 4, 2001
I just finiished riding a network of trails in the Preston area.. drop me an e-mail if you're interested.. Lots of trails and a biy of everything. This is between Bear lake and Preston, logan etc..

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
I don't know of any guided tours over here either. There are several clubs that put on rides though around Idaho, what part of Idaho are you looking at?

Up North here we have lots of technical goattrail type terrain, down south you get into more desert riding. With a year to get something set up, I'm sure I can help you find some people that could get you info or possibly even provide some type of guide service.

Jim Z.

Nov 10, 2001
I used to live in the bear lake area in Idaho. I grew up there so I know the trail systems pretty well. I would be glad to show you around. I live in vail colorado at the moment and would be glad to show you around there also. my email is drz400pilot@hotmail.com if your interseted in either ride.

sspmxc400

Aug 30, 2001
Thanks everyone - as I get closer to a decision - you may hear from me. I was looking at Bull Run in Montana - recently in Dirtrider ('ridemontana'.com). This facility looks very much like what I would be looking for. Anybody have a comment on this place?

thanks

royf

Apr 27, 2002
I'm going to Bull Run next week, will know more about it then. I normally don't get too excited about having a guided tour, but I am taking the wife and 3 daughters along, and their place has something for everyone.

Former Motocross champ Darrell Schultz used to do riding tours of the Northern Idaho areas, though I don't know whether he is still doing it or not.

DahlElama

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2001
Sept 2004? That's just enough time to get permission from the wife. I'll ride with you for a day and show you whatever flavor of trail you like. The Idaho City area has just about everything.....

Top Bottom