Rebel XR4

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 30, 1999
I'm sure most if not all SE riders know about Hatfield McCoy in W Va. On Nov 1st they opened their newest trail, the 4th, that now puts the system at about 400 miles of trail. Awsome stuff. I had the pleasure of being a "trail scout" with a few hundred people to ride the Logan area trails before they opened. But...now I'm looking for some information on another area in the SE corner of W Va near the Va state line in the Bluefield area. It is called "Wagonwheel" and I've heard it has some great stuff too and would be about 3 hours closer to me than HatMcC. Does anyone have any contact info that I could call, or website etc. Any info would be appreciated in advance Thanks.

Odes
Oh yea, I just joined as a Lifetime member along with the other folks, lets keep this site rockin.'

jjcobra99

Oct 17, 2002
I've not heard of the place you are talking about, but would be interested in more info about it. That would be about 4 hours closer to where I am at as well. My parents live in northern WV, and it's about a 6 hour drive from here (VA Beach). It is an awesome place to ride though. Nothing organized, just thousands and thousands of acres of land with coal mines (surface), fields, woods, trails, you name it.

Aukerman

Mar 29, 2002
What part of Northern WV do you ride? I could get in to riding thousands and thousands of acres of land with coal mines (surface), fields, woods, trails, you name it.

jjcobra99

Oct 17, 2002
All around Elk Garden, WV (near Keyser). It's not really just one specific place, there are a lot of places to ride in that area. The bad thing is, I haven't been riding up there for several years, and I've heard that some of the places we used to ride have been posted. Especially be careful of Allegheny Wildlife Management area. Supposedly if you get caught on that property, it's an $1100 fine. There are strip mines all through WV though, and IMO, they are the GREATEST places to ride--especially if you can find an abandoned one that has never been backfilled.

Top Bottom