high octane

Mar 17, 2006
im 6 foot, 250 lbs and i am mechanically inclined to do my own work on the bike. i want to basically have fun and ride in grass or fields. perfer 4 stroke. no riding experence.

i am looking to restore or build a kit dirtbike for my high skool project.
so please point me in the rite direction.

high octane

Mar 17, 2006
what size engine should i get?
what brand do you guys perfer?
what brand have the best part support?
i forgot to mention im 16 years old

thx, anyhelp would be appriated

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
No plans to race or ride MX tracks? If that's the case and you are looking for strictly a fun bike for trails and general use look into the Honda XR400, Kawasaki KLX300 or Suzuki DRZ400.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Well considering we are talking about "trail" level 4 strokes yes you would want something on the larger size. If you were going 2 stroke or for an MX bike you certainly could get away with smaller displacement.

high octane

Mar 17, 2006
are there any good vintage bikes that i could put some time into restoreing that has readly available parts or do i have to custom make some hard to find items. im looking some where from 70-85yr.
i want to spend about $100 but put into it about $500. any good recommendations? do you think it would be pheasable to do? remember im a noob to dirtbikes but im ambitous to learn.

A.O. 19

Mar 21, 2006
it will be really hard to find a bike for 100 and then to make it run will cost way more then 500. You could find an older working model honda xr or somthing like that for around 850-1000.

Top Bottom