Mar 16, 2007
ok on the right side of my engine by the clutch cover is a little twist off knob kind of thing for me to put oil in right? what kind of oil goes in there, and the drain bolt at the bottom of the bike drains that oil right? on my crankcase side isnt there another bolt that can drain oil? what kind of oil is that and how do I refill that. basically besides the oil you put in your gas, theres only 1 kind of oil you put into your bike right? and theres only 1 place to put it?

bclark001

Sep 12, 2007
Alright the plug on the right is your crankcase/transmission/clutch oil i use gear saver a bottle runs 7-10 bucks a quart but there is cheaper stuff out there they usually hold 700-750 ml but it should say right by the plug. that basicly lubricates your lower end and your premix usually 32:1 lubes the top end. Also i recomend changing that crank case oil every 3-4 rides. in short you have 1 oil fill (and yes the drain plug is that 17mm bolt on the bottom) and premix for the top end. the best way to go about any maintance for you bike is to purchase a CLYMER shop book or similer for your specific model about 25$ trust me it will be your new bible. hope this was helpful

Last edited:

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
bclark001 said:
that basicly lubricates your lower end and your premix usually 32:1 lubes the top end.

Wrong.

The premix lubes the bottom end & top end.

The oil in the engine lubes the trans & clutch only.

If you don't know what you are talking about, sit back and read a while until you do.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
bclark001 said:
the best way to go about any maintance for you bike is to purchase a CLYMER shop book or similer for your specific model about 25$ trust me it will be your new bible. hope this was helpful

I would suggest a factory service manual if you can find one. The clymers can be vague, and in some cases just plaine wrong.

bclark001

Sep 12, 2007
thanks for the info on clymer (did not know that) and i apologize for the incorrect data i'm a auto mechanic and i got this 4-stroke mentality mixing info up again i apologize i would never give false info on purpose thanks for catching that for huberts sake

Top Bottom