shenzirubani

Oct 30, 2004
I have a pair of Asterisk, size Medium, but my left knee (the very bad one :p ) has got bigger in size. To summarize my situation, I had a pretty bad knee dislocation, had the 4 ligaments rebuilt, the tendon was torn off and put back in place, but my meniscus were smashed and taken out by the doctor. Wasn't very serious with my rehab (bcuz of job) and 8 years down the line, I have a pretty weak knee, but still ride mtb, dirt bikes, rod horse until recently.
My problem is that there is bone growth in the knee and its diametre increase with the years. I know, surgery is needed, one day.
In the mean time I need to find the right size brace, and my left Asterisk doesn't fit me that well anymore (the right is perfect).
My knee is about 5 1/2" wide and 17" in circumference
My thigh is 21" (yes, need more muscles, working on it)
My calf is 15"

Is it possible to have the frame of a large or XL, mounted on the straps (black parts) of a medium?

I know that going the custom way would be ideal, but too expensive right now, and I would have to get it rebuilt every year.

I am not keen on a surgery right now, because of my job, and because I don't think you can ride with a replaced knee.

Any info will be welcomed :worship:
Thanks.

Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
Asterisk phone # 1-800-459-2999

I just ordered a pair this week, and they were very helpfull over the phone. You might give them a call, and ask their Support people this question, I'm sure they will help. I'm sure Billy is just out or away from the CP.

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
You can also email them. I had some questions and they were answered the same day.

Paulo BR

Mar 23, 2005
shenzirubani said:
right is perfect).

Is it possible to have the frame of a large or XL, mounted on the straps (black parts) of a medium?

I had the same concern while my knee was swelled due to serious traumas I had.
I talked to the support people and they kind of convinced me that a larger size would fit well. As a matter of fact the straps are so flexible in sizing that there was no need for installing a smaller one.
You may try a L or XL with its original straps and check it out.
I may tell you it is gonna fit right.

Top Bottom