Rim Lock Price Discovery

Oct 14, 1999
Dropped by the local Kawasaki shop recently to order a rim lock for my son's KLX 110. I didn't think much of ordering a factory part, especially since my wife works at the shop and our price is dealer cost. And how much could a rim lock be? $25 retail maybe?

Imagine my surprise when I learned that a 1.6" rim lock retails at $67.36!! :yikes: That puts my cost at just over $30. And as you probably all know, rim locks abound for $10-$12 aftermarket.

Guess I'll remember to ask the price before ordering next time ;)

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Somewhere in Japan there is an accountant having a good laugh at our expense. :)

NGE

Uhhh...
Sep 6, 2003
you should see what Kawasaki wants for the headlight bulb on a KDX... (over $20 at buykawasaki.... less than $2 at Dennis Kirk)

mdsutton

~SPONSOR~
Aug 7, 2002
I recently was in a bind and needed a front brake lever for my son's 04' KX85. Stopped by the dealer on the way out of town - almost $30. Unfortunately my son broke it the next day. Found a another one (aftermarket) at a local shop that day for about $10. I won't be buying from the dealer anymore...

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…