Rim Lock

MANWOLFY

Jul 16, 2007
I'm Thinking Of Adding A Rim Lock To My Sons Klx110. Has Any One Ever Added A Rim Lock To A Rim That Did Not Come With One. I Wonder If I Could Just Drill A Hole For It.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
I once put on on a PW80, after ripping out a couple of stems. They come in different widths, so make sure that you get the right size. I did simply drill the rim and install the lock. Make sure the hole is centered. Cut a slit in the rim strip, if you still have one.

MANWOLFY

Jul 16, 2007
Cause

To Indy My Boy Is Starting To Ride Harder. I Figured I Would Head OFF The Problem Of Ripped Valve Stems Before They Started.

MaicoCPA

Sep 5, 2006

My two sons each have PW-80s and Yamaha really needs to put rim locks on the rear wheels as the valve stems were getting ripped out every ride. I finally drilled them both for rim locks and problem solved.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
I would like to blame the kid, but I am sure that I ripped the stems. FYI, a used Dunlop 756 (from a KX65) gets a lot more traction than the stock trail tire.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…