ring time

tristan18au

Jun 3, 2001
how long should i get out of a ring on my 2000 YZ125,at the moment i am using motul 800 at 32:1.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
It depends on how hard you ride it. If you wind it out all the time it's going to wear out quicker. The only way to really know if they are worn is to tear it apart and measure evrything. Short of that you can measure the compression as a guage for how much life is left in thew top end. Typically a 10% drop in pressure means a new top end but I have run them past that on occasion.

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
I use the same oil. Gawd that crap is expensive! At any rate I am no where near any caliber. But I have close to 30 on my topend rebuilt in July. I am planning to tear it down this winter but if I notice any change in power the kit is sitting on the shelf.

Durt Cycler

Trial Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
I've went even longer on topends running Motul 800 then on any other oil I have used. Hands down the best premix made (but a lil expensive!). Check your PMs tristan I replied back.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
If you race, do a top end once a season and half way through re-ring it.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…