RIP, Jim Pomeroy

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Apparently Jim Pomeroy was killed yesterday in a Jeep trail rollover. He was 53.

Jim was my first moto hero. I had a Bultaco when i was 14, and I used to pretend that I was Jim when I rode it.

From Pomeroy's hall of fame web page:

bikesnob

Jul 5, 2006
I can't believe it, is it really true? He was my idol back in the 70's. God Speed Jim :(

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
God Speed Jim.........

stevet

Jan 11, 2005
I remember hearing about his victory in spain back in 73, I was 14 at the time. I think it was cyclenews that had him on the cover.....I was riding a bultaco 250 back then and thought that him winning was just the greatest thing in American Motocross History.....funny I just did a "google" search on him a month or so ago.........this is really some sad news.....

TheGrinch

Nov 26, 2000
Wow! I met Jim a couple of years ago when he visited Australia. He came to one of our vintage club days and raced. Seemed like a really nice friendly guy and a true legend of the sport.

Sorry to hear the news.

RIP Jim.

Someone

Mar 12, 2001
Sorry to hear it. It's unfortunate a person like this dies so early in his life. At least he was doing something he enjoyed.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…