Apr 30, 2007
I heard of this earlier too...

He died doing what he loved best, and I hold a lot of respect for any person that dedicated to something they hold a passion for. My condolences to all who knew him...

rpm12505

~SPONSOR~
Sep 25, 2005
Talk about three strikes, motor blows (in front of you no less) chute fails to deploy correctly and then catch fence(?) sand and JERSEY BARRIER!!!! :yell: WTF. Is that the std. runoff?

Our prayers for he and his family.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
330mph at the end of a 1/4 mile. 275mph at the 1/8. Either shorten the strip a little, or add more run-off room. Englishtown has not been changed since cars were reaching a max of about 200mph. Who knows if his terrible crash could have been avoided anyway. In the last 4 years... Daryll Russell, Eric Medlin, and now Kalitta. I think all safety precautions should be taken when cars are going such unreal speeds. Those guys don't make enough $...

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
In a sport that has a multitude of safety built in, this was a catastrophic event. The crash at the end of the runoff makes determining the cause nearly impossible. Truely tragic.
Drag racing at that level has nearly met the absolute extremes of human endurance. The G-forces exceed that of a catipult launch from a aircraft carrier and the space shuttle launch. For anyone that has not been to a pro drag racing event, you really have not experienced the sport. Some things caught on video are just shocking and show the reality of life and death. The family, crew, and fans will suffer from this loss and my prayers go out to all of them.

dales298

Mostly Useless
~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2003
RIP Scott.

If you haven't been to an event, you really should go. The speeds are awesome, and the noise is incredible!
Baytown '96

Attachments

• Scott Kalitta, Baytown '96.jpg
    Scott Kalitta, Baytown '96.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 115

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
rickyd said:
T/F FC Driver Scott Kalitta died yesterday during qualifying. RIP

Here is a video, watch at you own discretion.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=DziJdGwFQjU
"This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by National Hot Rod Association / ESPN, Inc."

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
If you want to see it, just type in his name in the search.

Yeah there were a lot of things that went wrong, grenading the motor at the finish line, the chutes not opening all the way and whoever is responsible for having the wall or whatever it was at the end.

RIP Scott

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom