JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
NEW YORK (AP) -- Actor Earl Hindman, best known for playing a neighbor whose face was forever obscured by a fence on the television show "Home Improvement," died of lung cancer Monday in Stamford, Connecticut. He was 61.

As Wilson, the neighbor of Tim Allen's character on the long-running sitcom, Hindman dispensed folksy advice from behind a white picket fence, with only his eyes and forehead visible to audiences. Before appearing on the show, he played Detective Lt. Bob Reid for 16 years on the daytime drama "Ryan's Hope."

He made his name in New York theater, appearing in "Dark of the Moon" off-Broadway in 1970 and in "The Basic Training of Pavlo Hummel" at the Public Theater in 1971. He also acted in two short-lived Broadway plays and in several movies, including "The Ballad of the Sad Cafe" (1991) and "Final" (2001).

He was born in Bisbee, Arizona, and studied acting at the University of Arizona in Tucson.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Bummer.

Gary B.

~SPONSOR~
Apr 17, 2000
:( I think you'll find that he appeared in many movies and TV shows besides his great charachter in Home Improvement.

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
I loved the way they would put him indoors with Tim sometimes and they would always find a way to block his face with something. Very creative.

I'll miss that, "Hidey-Ho, Neighbor!"

Top Bottom