"Ripping Donuts"

Trail Boss

Sponsoring Member
Jul 25, 2000
Flame on

I would like to take some monster 2-strokes to his house and do doughnuts in his yard and lay some of the longest rips imaginable. And I am talking monster twos, jetted real rich with stale pre-mix, big bore kits on CR 500's and MACO 760's with Nitrous systems, those metal hill climbing paddles on the back tires, no silencers, metal on metal brakes....

The above statement was made within another post here in the flame board.
I won’t identify the author because that has nothing to do with the point I’m trying to make.
I’m sure that the author was legitimately angry when he made this statement.
However this is exactly the type of statement that is picked up by the greenies who are trying to get us banned from riding everywhere.
This is exactly why we are all seen as out of control, foul mouthed, land destroying, idiots.

This is a description of dirt riders taken from the earth first “ HOW TO FIGHT MOTORCYCLISTS” death manual posted at OFFROAD.COM:
“bikers are all nice puys who wouldn't think of trespassing on Private Property... Or knocking down fences or "Keep Out" signs... Gouging deep trails in a yard by 'gowing out' and accelerating fast... Roaring past a chicken yard just to scare the chickens... Deliberately running over cats, dogs, chickens, and/or other small domestic live stock for 'sport'... Answering protests with a "V for Victory" sign, (one finger at a time), as they speed away... Leaving beer cans and. other casual trash around a still smoldering camp fire in a high fire hazard area...
OF COURSE NOT, THEY ARE ALL FINE UPSTANDING CITIZENS !!!”

I only quote this piece of trash to show that this is how many people view ANYONE they see on a dirtbike.
If you have a gripe or a complaint talk about solving the problem in adult terms. Let’s NOT use dirtbikes as instruments of destruction, even in conversation.
It’s the whole “ Ripping donuts in their front yard mentality “ that gets us all kicked out of state forests and other land. It’s childish, and we all have to rise above this way of thinking.
I’m not trying to pick on one individual, I don’t even know the author who said this, maybe he/she is only 11 or 12 years old. That’s not the point, are we legitimate athletes and recreationalists or are we a bunch of destructive jerks? If you hit someone in the head with a baseball bat the sport of baseball does not get a black eye, but if someone in your town “Rips Donuts” on your neighbors front lawn then you can bet that all dirtbikers will be blamed in many peoples eyes.
That is just the way it is, you can say that is everyone else’s problem for lumping all dirbikers together, but we all get hurt by a few unthinking fools.

Lets face it folks this is one of the foremost dirtbike boards on the internet. We all know that many people read what we say that do not agree with our right to ride. Let’s take the high road and promote our sport in a positive light and leave all the “ripping donuts” talk for the high school cafeteria.

Flame off

Last edited:

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
I see your point. However, I think that that post was meant as a joke. I, personally, when reading it in context, thought that it was funny and fit the basic mood of that post. Maybe a little smilie would help next time? :)

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I'm right behind you Boss. I thought the same thing when I saw that post. Thanks for bringing it up.:cool:

sharp

Sep 30, 2001
I am the author of that post and I thank you for admonishment trailboss. Although I meant it as a joke, you are correct. People will take things out of context to be used against you. Moreover, this IS a public forum and I have to say that I momentarily lost sight of that. One can always think things but once it leaves the mouth (or the key board) then it is like wild fire. I am not angry with the individual that brought this up I am only embarassed at myself. I really do appreciate this response to the post. I was only attepmting to be silly but I seamed to have forgotten that there are people out there that are totally against any rec vehicle activity and it is sad. It is sad because it is often defined by the behavior of a few degenerates that have no consideration for their fellow man or peoples perceptions of that behavior.

But let me assure you I would never use my sport in a destructive manner I don't care how much I disliked the individual. Riding is a privalage, and yes I believe it is a liberty to be appreciated and stood up for.

I apologize for sharing my thoughts in the referenced post.

The post should be removed along with posts referencing anectdotal observances of quad riders.

Trail Boss

Sponsoring Member
Jul 25, 2000
Sharp
You rock! :aj: .........( I needed to try this out )
You're a class act, like I said, I was not trying to point out a specific person, just trying to jolt the memory of those here that others are watching and forming opionions of our sport based on what is written here.

OldMaiconut: Too Funny :p

Top Bottom