1350CFM

Feb 25, 2004
Are there any age limits for kids? I know I read about the 6 days of Mi. kids ride they needed clutched bikes. What about this ride? Also I have a couple buddies who still have training wheels(quads :laugh: ) who have shown interest i this event. I told them I would ask, But thought it was proabably bikes only.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
The kids range in age from about 5 to 55. Everything from XR-50s to TTR-125s were in the class, with each class separated by age/size. There is a kids loop laid out that isn't too long.

As far as quads, I don't know. I don't remember seeing any last year. I hope there are not any quads; PITA to pass on the trail, and they make a lot of dust. Tell your buddies to get some bikes, and ditch the quads. :thumb:

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
There are no quads allowed on the trail; the Big O requires a plated bike to ride during non-event times and we only get permits for unlicensed bikes during the event.
I can't say for certain on the kids loop as that is mostly on private property, but I think quads are not welcome on that either.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
1350CFM said:
Cool, So I guess there are chaperones(sp?)Do the adults go do the big loop? Not sure about leaving the lil' guys alone :think:
You can leave the kids for a couple hours while they're in safety class, but you can't take off and ride the Big O loop while they "hang out". All kids riding must be accompanied by an adult rider.

My wife and 2 young daughters came along last year. My wife kept an eye on my son while I rode with the big boys. The resort has an indoor pool, hot tub, and sauna, so they had something to do during the day.

Check out the CCC web site for more info:

www.cycleconservationclub.org.

team-green32

MAGA
Mi. Trail Riders
Mar 27, 2001
Chicago
My dad and I plan on attending.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Josh say's he wants's to go! I also think mom & Stephanie "15yrs old" are coming stephy wants to use the mud bath (hot tub) I'm thinking about having her try out the Honda training program. She'll be really funny looking on the XR100. Stephy is a very tall girl. But she has never rode a bike.

Tom Dixon

Farmer Tom = Face Planter
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
I think I'm going to come. It sounds like it's pretty sweet.

CircuitRider

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2002
Marlin,

Stop by and pick up the Honda-matic with the pull-rope start...

Your daughter should fit it alright....

'course you'll probably have to take the studs out of the tires...

Mike Sr.

fender92883

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 26, 2002
70 marlin said:
Josh say's he wants's to go!
Does he have a bike? I know you're trying to sell the 280...

I'm excited to see everybody again! Can't wait for the Gladwin ride :aj:

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
CircuitRider said:
Marlin,

Stop by and pick up the Honda-matic with the pull-rope start...

Your daughter should fit it alright....

'course you'll probably have to take the studs out of the tires...

Mike Sr.
Thanks Mike. Stephy has never rode anything . I think just a little taste she'll get from the Honda school will be fine. She mostly just wants to go hang out @ the pool. Maybe Fred will bring Erine up so stephanie has some company? A weekend running the honda matic around the club grounds while I help you folks do some trail maintenace, would be really nice.

fender92883 said:
Does josh have a bike? I know you're trying to sell the 280...
Aaron's riding my old 99 kdx220, Josh is riding Aaron's 96 kdx220 Josh alway's like the two stroke power better than thumper power anyway.

1350CFM

Feb 25, 2004
Has anyone ever done a good write-up on this event that I could find a link to? Also is there plenty for the wifes and kids to do? I'm picking up an XR200 for my Wife for this event. I figure it will be alot easier on our relationship if she learns how to ride in the beginners class. My son asked if there was a fishing pond there..anyone?

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
1350CFM (cubic feet / minute?) -

Considering it's a dirt biking weekend, there are some nice amenities for the wife and kids. Have you checked out the Whiskey Creek Resort web site? The link is in the first post. The main lodge has an indoor pool/hot tub/sauna. I believe that there a small lake somewhere on the grounds. If you were going to pick a family ride event, this would be it.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
1350CFM said:
Also is there plenty for the wifes and kids to do? .......
My son asked if there was a fishing pond there..anyone?

There's stuff for wives and kids to do. There's a pool and sauna, there's a game room with pool tables and video games, there's a big screen TV, and there's a place for people to generally gab, and order ice cream or a meal.

Of course is the wives want to shop, Ludington is 20-30 minutes away.

Also, there's a fishing pond west of the lodge about a quarter mile, with a fishing deck and all. It's part of the whole Whiskey Creek resort.

I spent a week at Whiskey Creek on vacation last fall, when the place was basically empty. I had a really good time.

If there's a dirt bike event to pick to bring the family, this would be the one!

1350CFM

Feb 25, 2004
1350CFM...I have a 1970 Road Runner 440+6. The SIX PACK set-up flow 1350 cubic feet of air. I however am building a HEMI for it right now.

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
I heard this weekend that there will be an orange glow at the Rites this year. Rickshaw is the weatherman and I would not think of taking his job. This is NOT a weather forecast.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
I'm bringing 2 green bikes and a red bike, but I'll wear my hunting jacket to even it out.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
"I spent a week at Whiskey Creek on vacation last fall, when the place was basically empty. I had a really good time."
Mweissen forgot to finish that sentence with:
Until some yo-yo wtih a big green KX showed up and brought all that rain with him - then we went home :) !!!
You will NOT go wrong with Rites of Spring!! THere is SOMETHING for everyone!!! GREAT FOLKS EVERYWHERE!
Woodsy

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Smit-Dog said:
I'm bringing 2 green bikes and a red bike, but I'll wear my hunting jacket to even it out.

TWO green bikes?? I thought you were down to ONE green bike?

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
In my garage is one green bike, but I'll be bringing two to ROS...

Hmmmm - Green Day @ ROS?

Me = 2
MarlinBerg = 2
miScott = 3
Woodsy = 1
Fender = 1
Sparky = 1 or 2

At least 10 Green Machines right off the bat.

Maybe we'll have to paint some of them ORANGE to even it out... :ohmy:

Last edited:

fender92883

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 26, 2002
Cabbage Patch is alive and well once again!

BTW-Green Day just happens to be one of my favorite bands, too! :aj:

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
"Maybe we'll have to paint some of them ORANGE to even it out..." Ohhhh know you dont - we green riders are VERY sensitive and our bikes are even worst, my 5 spent a night parked next to one of those Orange critters and it wouldnt talk to me for a week!!!

rickshaw

Sponsoring Member
Sep 24, 2000
there ain't nothin' like a spring morning with an orange glow. but then there's always a "black sheep" in the family!

early prediction....ORANGE/BACK IN BLACK SWEEP!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom