aussiemarc

Aug 3, 2006
Hey guys

My 2001 rm125 wont shift up into 2nd gear.

I took of the cluth inner and outer all clutch plates and pressure plates off so it is absolutely NOTHING to do with the clutch not disengaging enough.

I am getting an assistant to spin the wheel whilst i click down into first. That is fine then i go to click up into 2nd and it engages if i hold the shifter up hard but as soon as i let it go into its rebound position it just drops out of 2nd into neutral.

MAN THIS IS FRUSTRATING!!!

Any ideas, maybe the slector fork being bent or something???
Any ideas would really help as I said i have eliminated the clutch.

thanks
marc

aussiemarc

Aug 3, 2006
Anyone done a gearbvox rebuild on a mx

I have a full WS manual but need to know if it is a big big job.????? i think i need to get in so i can check out the selector fork/shaft any experience?

H E E E L L L L L PPPPPP

j32

Uhhh...
Jun 8, 2006
well take pictures!! as you dissasemble
keep the gears on the shafts
keep the shift forks in the right places left -center-and right take a pic and then inspect each one for bends or breaks
check the shift shaft , and gearshift drum
its not hard-but the first time can be scary,use the book and bikebandit for microfiche
its a puzzle lol - just take your time ,and dont worry about impressing anyone :cool:

aussiemarc

Aug 3, 2006
Yeah i had the clymers book so i was ok, the shift drum was damn scary man it was spring loaded with those pawls and in past experience of doing stuff i always had springs fly everywhere so i had little baggies ready for all the bits. and i had a heck of a time putting the shift drum back together when i was rebuilding the gearshift linkage. The gearbox seemed in perfect condition, maybe something had moved a little.

Not sure what was wrong but i put it all back together and the bike seems to be shifting OK now? still gotta ride it though....

cheers

j32

Uhhh...
Jun 8, 2006
yea my kx 420 worked rode it and i think the shift linkage let go ,no not my first one lol
now i have to fix it - it pisses me off to ,man that thing is scary fast lol
(drum brakes)lol any one else ever had one of those bikes- its a 81 kx420

Top Bottom