VJVentrella

May 15, 2010
Hey everyone, my buddy just got a 06 rm125. I noticed after taking it for a ride that the clutch still grabs when the leaver is fully pulled in. With the leaver pulled in and when you shift it into first, it automatically stalls. Could this be an adjustment or could the plates be warped? any ideas? Also any clue if so what he would need to replace to cost him as least money as possible? Thanks.

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
Suzuki clutches are often the weak point on the bike. Could be any number of things from bad adjustment to worn out plates/springs to a "notched" clutch basket.

Try the adjustment first. If that doesn't work, then take it apart and find out what's worn out. If he doesn't have a service manual, he needs one.

Dirtdigger04

Jan 25, 2010
Yea my 06 rm 125 does the same thing. I adjusted it a little bit, so it got a little better. Also, it only does it when the engine is cold, so as soon as the engine gets hots, it shouldnt do that. Adjust the clutch when the engine is hot. If you don't you will make the tension good when it is cold, but when it is hot the clutch will be not working properly.

So long story short, if the clutch doesn't do that when the engine gets hot and clutch works good, don't touch any adjustments.

SZKIRM125

Jun 10, 2010
On my RM 125 I am in the process of putting all new clutch parts in it. I am getting a Barnett clutch basket, Tusk clutch plates and friction plates, and an new oem inner clutch hub. For me it will only cost about $300 to replace everything.
Good Luck

saqmuel

Jun 23, 2010
i had a tip to pour a bit more gear oil in because my yz does this a bit (cant test it due to old owner stripping the drain plug ordered a new one) you can try that for a little bit and try ajusting the cable to. but in the end to get a definit diagnosis is it either take the clutch apart or bring it some were

Top Bottom