jb_dallas

Feb 17, 2009
My friend was riding my 1982 RM 125 today and the clutch suddenly stopped pulling resistance. The spring isnt pulling the clutch back after I release. Any ideas?

I am going to buy a Clymer manual for it.

Thanks

jb_dallas

Feb 17, 2009
I confirmed the cable isnt broken. I think the clutch is completely worn out, but Im not sure what would cause no pull. Because the bike likely needs clutch work and it needs crank seals, I decided to pull the head to see if it is salvageable. The cylinder is almost perfect, but the piston has quite a bit of play in it...I am assuming that is the rod bearing? The piston has "080" printed on it, does that mean it is .080" over stock? It is going to require alot of work. I guess I am stuck with it at this point. I have never done a full rebuild, I guess this will be my first.

jb_dallas

Feb 17, 2009
The bike really isnt worth a $700 shop rebuild. That is why I am considering doing it myself. I figure I can handle a 2 stroke rebuild. I have been working on motorcycles for a while, I have just never done a complete rebuild. By the way, it is side to side play...enough to see and feel.

Top Bottom