julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
You have not provided enough information for anyone to answer. Assuming you bought a NEW cylinder for your bike, then no that is not the piston you need.

According to what I can find with a quick search, the stock bore for that machine should be 54.0mm. So at 55.07mm you'd be looking at .40 over, in which case it WOULD be the correct piston and your cylinder would obviously NOT be "new". Was the cylinder previously sleeved? Bored and re-plated?

/me grumbles loudly.

J.

rmrider45

Sep 8, 2008
julien_d said:
You have not provided enough information for anyone to answer. Assuming you bought a NEW cylinder for your bike, then no that is not the piston you need.

According to what I can find with a quick search, the stock bore for that machine should be 54.0mm. So at 55.07mm you'd be looking at .40 over, in which case it WOULD be the correct piston and your cylinder would obviously NOT be "new". Was the cylinder previously sleeved? Bored and re-plated?

/me grumbles loudly.

J.
yes it was bored and replated. it was new to me(used) just wondering if that was the correct piston

and if it is bored .40 over what cc does the bike become? a 125 to a ?

rmrider45

Sep 8, 2008
yes it was bored and replated. it was new to me(used) just wondering if that was the correct piston

and if it is bored .40 over what cc does the bike become? a 125 to a ?

Top Bottom