rm 125 powerpand

1991rm125

Jan 27, 2006
what is wrong with my rm 125 powerband?

i just bought a 91 rm 125 and i have rebuilt the top end but i cant seem to get the front wheel off the ground. is there something wrong with the powerband?the power band is good in third gear but 1st and 2nd do not like high revs.any help would be nice thanks

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2005
I have a 91 cr 125 and i have the same problem but im pretty sure its not even a problem. My first gear has like barely any powerband but i can get the wheel off the ground a tiny bit in 2nd gear powerband. But the only reason why your have problems is because a) 125s dont have great low end power to begin with and b) your unexperience doing wheelies. I have found that rolling in 2nd just before the powerband then go into the power band then let off the throttle then quickly snap it back on but i have only got it off the ground a little bit and the best method is using the clutch just before the powerband and raising the rpms and dumping it in the powerband so try using the clutch.

1991rm125

Jan 27, 2006
91 rm 125

i dont have a problem doing wheelies on my ktm in first or second.i have been riding for a while.this bike just does not have a wide power range in fist or second.i wonder if the reeds need to be replaced? i look at them and do not see any cracks.when i gas it all the way it try to bog down i have cleaned the jets out. any other advice?

TimberPig

Jan 19, 2006
I had a 91 RM 125. It will wheelie if you do it right, but it doesn't want to just pick up the front wheel due to hitting the powerband. You'll have to learn how to use what power it has and your body weight to get it to respond and lift the front wheel.

fox racer

Jan 28, 2006
I have a 95 rm125 that cannot seem to get the front wheel of the ground it just bogs out.any ideas of what maybe causing it? :ride:

1991rm125

Jan 27, 2006
try cleaning the carb.and look at your reeds if they ar cracked then replace them.clean your air filter

Cr 1_2_5

Nov 13, 2005
well your power band is the same in all your gears belive it or not. but in first and second you just run through it a lot quicker. the bike obviously revs faster in first and second compared to 3rd. so i would not worry about it.

TimberPig

Jan 19, 2006
Cr 1_2_5 said:
well your power band is the same in all your gears belive it or not. but in first and second you just run through it a lot quicker. the bike obviously revs faster in first and second compared to 3rd. so i would not worry about it.

Exactly, in the lower gears you get more torque multiplication, but the gear reduction reduces top speed, while higher gears give less torque multiplication, and less gear reduction allows for higher speeds.. It should wheelie easier in the lower gears because of this, and should feel like it hits harder in the lower gears than in the higher gears.

1991rm125

Jan 27, 2006
any one know what the settings are for the valve springs

Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…