xMajasteex

Apr 19, 2006
I have a 2000 rm 250 it felt like the clutch was slipping when i hit power band in 1-3rd gear so i went ahead changed the clutch, managed to break bolt in the clutch hub so i replaced that after i put it back together the bike still is doing the same thing ?!?!?! I need help desperately ! the bike almost shutters when it hits power band it feels like the clutch is slipping but its brand new ! HELP PLEASE !

bullz-i

May 16, 2009
It dosent sound like a clutch problem to me. Any time I have had a clutch slip there was no shutering at all. The engine would just rev and the bike wouldnt go any faster, but it was smooth. I would look into somthing slipping in the transmission. If you do a MX style of start on the bike does is slip off the line? Or does this happen in higher gears?

As for the clutch when you replaced it did you replace the drive plates and springs or did you reuse the old ones? If you resued the old ones it may be possible that you have a weak spring or two and maybe some warped dirve plates. You could always check that out too.

Hope I help you out.

Top Bottom