250RM

Apr 5, 2007
I got a 1999 RM 250 and i only had it for about 2 months now and i was on it the other day and she just shut off and now the motor is seized solid. When i try to kick it over the kick start won't move. I was just wondering if anyone knows what could be wrong before i try to fix it?

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
You gotta pull it apart anyway. I think those had some issues with the intake port supports causing a seizure. It will probably need some cylinder repair. When I trashed the top end of my 02 I sent it Eric Gorr for a 265 kit. Just got it together yesterday. Rode it today and it rips. Cost will vary depending on how bad the cylinder is, I thinks its around 500 bucks or so, but that includes piston kit. They do some great work. Let us know what you find.

250RM

Apr 5, 2007
i finally got it apart and the ring let go on the piston and tore up the cylinder head. So i need a new cylinder, i found one for a 2000 rm will that fit my 1999??

Bunya

Apr 26, 2007
Take some good pics of the bore and e-mail them to US Chrome for evaluation. More than likely they can weld up the damage, bore, plate, and hone the cylinder for you. The total will be in the neighborhood of $260 and you'll have a cylinder that's as good if not better than new. If possible send the new piston along and they'll match the cylinder to it.

As far as the 99 & 00 cylinders, I can't say for sure. The fiche lists different numbers for both the head and cylinder. The difference may just be in porting and volume of the head and be interchangable or it may be more than that, I simply don't know.

Top Bottom