RM 85L suzuki upgrades

robsterzallan

Jun 30, 2008
What would be the best upgrade for an RM 85L suzuki, i upgraded, the sprockets, levers, grips, gas mixture and im getting a pipe and silencer kit, but i wanna know what would be the best next upgrade for, speed, acceleration, and sound... thanx!

robsterzallan

Jun 30, 2008
im getting an FMF fatty pipe, with a silencer combo, and i would prefer accleration, but both it dont matter

m4i2k2e2

Oct 8, 2007
you listed off gas mixture as an upgrade.... how did you upgrade your gas mixture? did you mean now you use race gas, or a different pre mix? im sure if you get a full system exhaust that will help. but, when you put exhaust you may have to do some jetting work.

Last edited:

JGrossijr

Dec 29, 2004
V-Force 3 is the best mod for the dollar. Next would be a Keihin D-slide carburetor off of a 2005 or later CR85. Both of these will help much more than a pipe. I have found the stock pipe to work better than the Factory Fatty & the SST.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Actually the best performance improvement for the dollar is to get the suspension setup for the rider and conditions then take riding lessons and burn up tires riding laps. That's money well spent because the skills transfer to your next bike and the one after that.....

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…