onebad2

Mar 12, 2006
. Ok Ill try to be short, I replace the cases on a rm 125,due to kick start shaft issues. got a case set on ****, swapped all the guts from other engine, just used new cases. well the piston hits the head. seems to go about 20 thousands above top of jug, matching and looking closer to old case it apears someone may have machined down the case by the base gasket??? is this something that gets done?? If so why and how can I make this work??? thanks for any help.

onebad2

Mar 12, 2006
Ok . Sorry I didnt read thru some other posts, maybe I have a 144 kit case. I hope theres a way to run this without tearing it down, Do they run a shim someware ?? shorter rod?????
help!!!!!!!!!!!!

ecy063

Sep 15, 2005
That is tough, I have been looking at rm cylinder part #s and found different cylinders were built almost every year after 2001. What years are you dealing with?

onebad2

Mar 12, 2006
its a 99, I can see a noticeable difference from one case to the other, probably 15-20 thousands diff, I think I could make up for it with a thicker gasket, Just need to figure out a measurement of how high the pistom gomes up in regards to the top of the jug??

Top Bottom