RM250 gearing

harley_muddy

Sep 23, 2004
I've got a 2005 RM250.I've been running 13-48 (stock is 13-50)and want to go taller.I got a 14 tooth aftermarket countershaft sprocket (to go 14-50,or even 14-49),but the slightly bigger sprocket doesn't want to fit (the countershaft is very close to the swingarm).If I grind a little rubber off the swingarm protector I can get it on,but it still won't move freely (to get it to spin freely,I'd have to put a pretty deep groove in the swingarm pad) I was wondering if anyone had done this modification or had any ideas?The fit is so tight that the stock 13 tooth has a fairly deep groove in the swingarm pad already.Suzuki doesn't mention changing the front sprocket in the manual,only one tooth changes in the rear.

Thanks

motolink

Apr 15, 2004
Yep I found the same thing on my 04 RM 250 , I was going to try a 14 tooth on the front. I did not go on with it but I am sure you wont do any harm by grinding the rubber away until there is enough clearence. I do mx and sx and thought the 14 might be too much.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…